James

Mac aquariuam Kits

10 posts in this topic

Does anybody know of any company that ships iMac (and older all in one macs) aquarium kits internationally? (By international I mean ship to Australia). There is a guy in Australia that does the all in one mac kits but he is on the other side of the country and won't ship them anywhere (says that risk of kits being broken is high). I'd have to take the macs there personally and bring them back - bit expensive just for aquariums/terrariums.

I have a blueberry imac that has past its use by date (well it won't start and the original owner just wanted to get rid of it) and a couple of really old 12" macs and want to have a go at turning them into terrariums or aquariums.

Yeah, I've just started a project doing this as well. I can't help you out with any kits, but doing it from scratch doesn't seem to difficult at all. Check out www.iMacqarium.com , they have a complete step-by-step guide on how to make it. Creating your own aquarium just consists of buying the plastic and the right kind of adhesive, cutting the pieces to the right size, and gluing them together. It's not too difficult...

The Cube aquaria look really good.... I'm tempted to have a go myself. Nice link.

Yeah, I'm working on an iMac one right now. I just got all my plastic pieces precut from Tap Plastics, and I'm ready to start putting the aquarium together...

ive seen all the aquariums at theapplecollection aswell and there great but the coolest wouldbe to take the insides outa all those allinones apple use to make and just make it a real aquarium instead.

Hey, if the iMacs don't boot, and you still have the hard drives, is there any chance you would give them away :D?

I am building and selling several iMacQuariums. Building one yourself is really fun but it is much more work than it appears. I have perfected my design and am now building and selling them. If you are interested I have a detailed post in the buy/sell/trade section, or you can find pictures, features and ordering information on my MacQuarium website.

www.jakeharms.com

ebayphoto.jpg

I am building and selling several iMacQuariums. Building one yourself is really fun but it is much more work than it appears. I have perfected my design and am now building and selling them. If you are interested I have a detailed post in the buy/sell/trade section, or you can find pictures, features and ordering information on my MacQuarium website.

www.jakeharms.com

ebayphoto.jpg

I'd look at getting one but it's not useful in Australia. (I don't want to have extra transformers/adapters etc)

I heard Jake talking about these on YourMacLife last week. He now has a Kickstarter project associated with the endeavor and is doing well,

He does ship kits internationally, I think. If you contact him directly via his website, James, he may be able to give you some hints.