• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chirikoa

chirikoa

New Mac Geek

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:47 AM

Does anyone know if there's a way to download old podcasts from a stream to which you've subscribed (ie, podcasts that you've downloaded in the past and have since deleted)? I'd like to find a way to get iTunes to show me the entire library of podcasts in a stream, including files that I've listened to in the past and that I've since erased. Thanks.

Edited by chirikoa, 09 January 2007 - 07:50 AM.

#2 roogie

roogie

Mac Geek God

• Members
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitter:@roogie
  • Interests:motorcycles, Macs and guitars

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:58 AM

Does anyone know if there's a way to download old podcasts from a stream to which you've subscribed (ie, podcasts that you've downloaded in the past and have since deleted)? I'd like to find a way to get iTunes to show me the entire library of podcasts in a stream, including files that I've listened to in the past and that I've since erased. Thanks.

Funny you should ask, this was in a MacCast episode a week or two ago.

1. Launch iTunes.
2. Go to your Podcast section in the Library.
3. Hold down the option key and click on the little triangle to the left of the podcast's name you want to get old episodes from. I had to do this twice (once to close the list and once to reopen.)
4. Your podcast's feed should be completely reloaded and the old episodes will be greyed out and you can get the ones you want.

Enjoy,

roog

#3 joshr

joshr

Mac Geek God

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:06 AM

Funny you should ask, this was in a MacCast episode a week or two ago.

1. Launch iTunes.
2. Go to your Podcast section in the Library.
3. Hold down the option key and click on the little triangle to the left of the podcast's name you want to get old episodes from. I had to do this twice (once to close the list and once to reopen.)
4. Your podcast's feed should be completely reloaded and the old episodes will be greyed out and you can get the ones you want.

Enjoy,

roog

GOLD. Great info, this has been an ongoing question from a lot of people.

#4 Graham

Graham

Mac Geek God

• Members
  • 3,071 posts
  • Twitter:grahamgilbert

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:35 AM

You can also unsubscribe and then re-subscribe. You don't have to download the files you already have, and plays are maintained. It just seems to make a new local copy of the feed.

#5 joshr

joshr

Mac Geek God

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:55 PM

You can also unsubscribe and then re-subscribe. You don't have to download the files you already have, and plays are maintained. It just seems to make a new local copy of the feed.

yes, that's the long standing work around but I don't like to do it unless I have to.

#6 Graham

Graham

Mac Geek God

• Members
  • 3,071 posts
  • Twitter:grahamgilbert

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:19 AM

*shrug* It's just a double click. Don't even need to move the mouse!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users