Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MacCast

Forum Moderators Needed

12 posts in this topic

Well folks. It looks like we are in need of some new forum moderators. If you think you have what it takes then please send me an email with the subject 'Maccast Moderator'. DO NOT PM me or post here, if you do you will be automatically disqualified from consideration. In your email please include your Maccast forum screen name. I will review your posts and participation on the forum to help me decide who to promote to moderator. Please only email me if you are serious and willing to devote at least 2-4 hours a week moderating the boards.

i would just like to recommend Joshr as he's been sooo helpful to everyone!

Adam I understand this is your site but don't you think that a Democratic system needs to be put in-place, after all WE use the site and WE add the content. I personaly feel that we have a great community that self moderates and don't feel we need moderators.

Just a thought

Ps, Quantity is no substitute for quality.

Zionlion,

We have a team of moderators here that have worked very hard to protect the community from objectionable content and spam over quite some time. We take a very hands-off approach, leaving almost every topic untouched, unless there is a major problem. The moderators that are in place are here to approve new members, remove spam/adult content, and to be "on call" in the event of a major problem. Thank goodness we have not had any major problems, because we are all here to help each other out. This is an amazing community with amazing members, and the spam is really the only thing that keeps us busy. The less spam that makes it through, the easier it is for the forums to thrive. We are just looking for 1 or 2 more moderators to help with the spam problem, and to decrease the time that new users have to wait to get approved.

Zionlion,

We have a team of moderators here that have worked very hard to protect the community from objectionable content and spam over quite some time. We take a very hands-off approach, leaving almost every topic untouched, unless there is a major problem. The moderators that are in place are here to approve new members, remove spam/adult content, and to be "on call" in the event of a major problem. Thank goodness we have not had any major problems, because we are all here to help each other out. This is an amazing community with amazing members, and the spam is really the only thing that keeps us busy. The less spam that makes it through, the easier it is for the forums to thrive. We are just looking for 1 or 2 more moderators to help with the spam problem, and to decrease the time that new users have to wait to get approved.

Accept my apologies if I have offended anyone and be assured this was never my intention. Looking at the issues you have kindly highlighted with spam and adult/inappropriate content I had not given that any consideration when I wrote the attached and for this I am an ass.

You are appreciated :-)

There was no offense involved, and I wasn't trying to argue the value of moderators or anything like that. I didn't have a whole lot of time to think while writing, so it may have come across in a way I didn't want it to. I very much agree with your point, which i guess is what I Was trying to say. The moderation team here does not take over and create and enforce rules and get power hungry or anything like that, which is something that I am very glad to say. We are all just regular members that happen to help keep the spam away to help keep the community geared towards what it is supposed to be, the MacCast and the Mac community... It is the way it should be and it is the way that I hope that the moderation team continues to operate in the future... if things change, then we have problems!

hello im keithicoti,

i am a member of the webkinz police force where you help people from scammers, liars, cheaters ext. so ive had experience in moderating ive already posted at a forum here and i asked to be a mod and they havent answered and i also like to protect and serve and i can write fast and i think i have what it takes to be a mod one more time i ask can i please be a mod thamks

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

keithicoti

i am a member of the webkinz police force where you help people from scammers, liars, cheaters ext. so ive had experience in moderating ive already posted at a forum here and i asked to be a mod and they havent answered and i also like to protect and serve and i can write fast and i think i have what it takes to be a mod one more time i ask can i please be a mod thamks
DO NOT PM me or post here, if you do you will be automatically disqualified from consideration.

Keithicoti, you seem to be disqualified by default ;):P

well excuse me i posted about a month ago and they never said yes or no so i have the right so....................

I have no real idea why, but I found that exchange rather amusing.

Edited by Graham

I have no real idea, but I found that exchange rather amusing.

hilarious. Nothing better than a moderator with less than 5 posts.

The positions have been filled, so I am going to go ahead and close this topic.