Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neil

Dell Crystal Monitor

9 posts in this topic

http://www.dell.com/crystal

People are saying that Dell hasn't made something that is fugly. I find this new monitor too "busy" and still shows that companies can't think less is more. Apple would never make (not now at least) something this busy. This really reminds me of the 20th anniversary mac, or at least really weird Apple designs from years past.

Couldn't Dell simply just put the monitor there without any of the glass junk. Is there something wrong with avoiding extra stuff? In addition, I still prefer the Apple style "arm" stand and not the 3 legged thing.

Finally, who want a 20inch monitor take up the same space as that does? It just seems like unneeded stuff.

Edited by Neil

No wonder Dell PCs look so generic, now they're trying to be chic and totally dropped the ball. I actually like their other LCD products, this looks nasty IMHO. Designer-inspired? I don't see anyone putting their name on it besides Dell. hehe

roog

No wonder Dell PCs look so generic, now they're trying to be chic and totally dropped the ball. I actually like their other LCD products, this looks nasty IMHO. Designer-inspired? I don't see anyone putting their name on it besides Dell. hehe

roog

Agreed, I like their monitors the way they were. This thing is ugly.

wow... i thought that that is was awesome. I was thinking about getting one myself depending on the price.

I thought they were quite nice. Depending on what happens with the cinema displays at MW, I might be getting one of these too.

I think what kills it for me is how you can see the wiring from the switches. For many years being a car stereo installer and general wire tidyness freak (you should see the back of my computer desk) I've tried to hide or disguise wiring. Sure we all know it's there, but to have a clean simple front panel like the Cinema Displays is just the way it should be. (IMO)

They may be the best LCDs and the speakers may sound beautiful, but they look cluttered. I won't be purchasing one, +1 for someone else. :)

roog

I was thinking about getting one of those monitors too, either that or the 20" Apple cinema display.

The Dell monitor also turns me off because if basically eliminates the entire possibility to have more than one monitor effectively. If you get two of them to match, you have a giant gap in between. If you get this fugly Dell thing and another monitor, you not only have a big gap, but it just looks stupid.

well i don't need a dual monitor set up... I don't see why i would unless i got into web design.