• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TeacherBarb

TeacherBarb

New Mac Geek

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:46 AM

Does anyone have a link to a site that will help explain what all of the error codes in iTunes mean?
The particular error code I'm concerned with today is -3260, but I'd appreciate knowing where to go to look them up.

Thanks for any help you can give.

#2 Graham

Graham

Mac Geek God

• Members
  • 3,071 posts
  • Twitter:grahamgilbert

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:33 AM

I can't find one on the apple site. I found many lists referring to OS9, but nothing for OS X. I have a couple of people I'll ask since I'd find this quite useful too.

#3 Ginamos

Ginamos

Meta Mac Geek

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:36 PM

I'm not aware of a list, there may be one.

Normally I go to the Apple Support Forum and search by the error code. Searching for "3260 error code" brings up this description in this thread:

""The shared music library "<Music Library Name>" is not accessible for an unknown reason. (-3260)
Check that any firewall software running on either the shared computer or this computer has been set to allow communication on port <Port Number>"

As for finding a meaning (as in a solution), you just have to hope that the particular thread was resolved and that you can deduce what the meaning of the code was. This thread "itunes 7.2 for mac: error using shared mediaserver 3260" has a solution. As it's a network error, your solution could be different, depending on your network configuration. It's difficult to offer a precise answer as there are too many variables. Often by their very nature the error codes are quite generic.

If you have other specific error code numbers I'd suggest trying a similar search.

#4 joe28753

joe28753

Alpha Mac Geek

• Administrators
  • 928 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:01 PM

apple does list the error codes, but they seem to be split up on lots of pages. i found this site when googling: http://www.appleerrorcodes.com/
they seem to have most of them, but i'm not sure if they are just OS specific, or if it includes itunes/iphoto error codes too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users