Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johanna

Problem whit office 08 for mac

5 posts in this topic

I just got office 08 from my moms job. (It's free for her, or els I would have bought iWork)

I tried it out and after a minute of testing, the effects buttons "froze" I can't press any of them. They are just grey.

As you can see on the ToolBox (And yes it's a active window.)

bilde2ta9.png

Pleas help soon! I need it for school in 2 days.

You have to select something (the text box, etc.) for those buttons to work. Also, if you're looking for whole-slide transitions, look at the shiny bar (called the Gallery) just above the document window - click "Transitions" and it'll bring them all up for you.

Edited by macfan777

I'm talking about the little star buttons. The green star, yellow and red one on the side. And I could press them before but now it won't work. And I can't find effects in the gallery thing...

Exactly, the star buttons don't show up until you select an object. Click on a text box or picture, for instance, and they'll show up. Then click on the correct star button (in effect, out effect, whatever) and you can choose the animation for the selected object.

And the Gallery is for the transitions between two whole slides, not for animations. If you want to put one in, just select the slide you want it for on the left-hand side, click the word "Transitions" in the Gallery, and it'll bring up all the slide transitions. Just click one to apply it.

Oh. yea now it worked. Thanks.

I've never used the new office... This is going to take some time to learn.