Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scotty down_under

Let's rock (you to sleep)

11 posts in this topic

so… what happened to Apple’s announcment in September ~ redifining some entire market, and blowing all competition away forever?! *

and something about price reductions too?! *

um….

1. a totally new Nano-googleChromes is all that seems really new new.
  2. Touch is a bit thinner.
  3. Classic is, well, still classic.

Hmm, disapointing. :blink:

Scotty

Australia.

*[or words to that effect]

Bring back THE CUBE for an announcement that re-defines a whole market. An updated iPod hardly counts. yes?

Since the introduction of the iPhone, Apple Special Events aren't so special anymore, so I was pleasantly surprised by what they had to offer. Speakers on the iPod touch, sweet.

My advice: don't be an Apple fan boy anymore, and just enjoy the happy shiny products Apple ships. I don't like Apple particularly, but I do like Apple products. However, I'm not going to let Apple ruin the fun by expecting great products at their presentations, and being let down, because Apple couldn't live up to the predictions of the rumor sites.

Apple's strategy is to be very secretive, let people guess what products they'll see, and then show it to them. It's a childish game, played by mothers and their infants or toddlers (Peekaboo). I'm not falling for it anymore, not since Apple introduced the iPhone.

I'm actually quite happy with it. I knew what to expect beforehand (who seriously expected anything else? New Macs? Look at the title of the event guys), and I got iTunes 8 with the amazing genius feature. I can't wait until 2.1 drops for my iphone. Should be an awesome feature.

I wonder if Peter Oppenheimer's statements were meant to be misleading?

He said a while back

"the company will make a key “product transition” that cuts back on its profit margins to help shut out rivals.". The mystery transition will drop Apple’s gross margins from 34.8 percent in the spring quarter to just 31.5 percent in the July-to-September window in which the update takes place.

Must have meant 2009??????

I can't see any of this doing that unless the whole iPhone update and MobileME thing is what he meant by "product transition"?

Or maybe the new nanos cost a lot more to manufacture for some reason?

Apple HAVE to bring out new ipods too keep being in the forefront and also events like this brings up ALOT of publicity. I think they will surprise us with an mac related event next month. just you wait and see.(hmmmm...how i like to talk nonsense)

anywho, I love the fact that the 8gb nano has the colour option as well.

Ps.(keep in mind this post is done by probably the only mac user without an ipod)...maybe not for long...

the ipod event is usually separate anyway. the mac updates are rumored to be october 14, and november sometime.

the ipod event is usually separate anyway. the mac updates are rumored to be october 14, and november sometime.

Good to know. I am ready to upgrade and was hoping to do it before January.

Good to know. I am ready to upgrade and was hoping to do it before January.

I really hope they do something nice with the Mac Mini.

It's getting a bit long in the tooth now but the form factor has real potential if some better value can be added to it.

It's really borderline value compared to a 20" iMac. But that's just me.