Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
real

Apples last year at Macworld

6 posts in this topic

I don't see it as sad. I see it as belt-tightening in difficult financial times. As a share holder I appreciate the move. Apple can showcase their wares at private venues for a fraction of the cost. Granted they get less fanboy coverage for doing so but most consumers really don't care.

I am totally bummed because I had such a blast at the show last year, and I am looking forward to going this year.

Macworld was a unique event for a unique platform. ... A party to celebrate all things Mac. There's nothing like bringing everybody together ... meeting folks face to face. The Apple website, stores, and Cupertino special events are not the same. I'll miss Macworld.

Hey how about combining the developers conference and Macworld into a single fantastic summer event?

Macworld was a unique event for a unique platform. ... A party to celebrate all things Mac. There's nothing like bringing everybody together ... meeting folks face to face. The Apple website, stores, and Cupertino special events are not the same. I'll miss Macworld.

Hey how about combining the developers conference and Macworld into a single fantastic summer event?

Except that as a developer I have very different reasons for going to Macworld and WWDC. One, for me at least, is to discover new third-party solutions and software where the other is specifically for my own technical satisfaction as a developer... I look for my own answers to very technical questions at WWDC where I am looking to see if someone already has the answers for me at Macworld.

I think its a good thing because Apple wont be perceived as a appendage of steve jobs, because as it stands now if steve where to vanish apple would crumble to the ground because its so called master is gone.

I like that others are stepping up to the plate to announce apple releases and the like, its good for the longevity of apple as a company and protects the stock against rumors about Steve's health (because in the past year despite great announcements and new products and amazing sales apple stock still tanked because of Steve's rumored cancer!)

Also as a bonus MacWorld will now focus on the little developers with the truly interesting apps and products being brought to the forefront of the media on macworld. thats good for mac users and developers alike.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0