sttrek341

Up-To-Date program upgrade

10 posts in this topic

Is anyone else having problems while trying to use this service?

I follow the links to where it asks for the Apple ID that I used to purchase the computer with. After entering the ID and password it brings me to the store with an empty cart with no message about having added snow leopard to the cart.

Snow Leopard will not be released til Aug 28th ... they probably haven't finished the website setup yet. I would wait a couple of days and then try again.

Alright, I just thought that it was strange because I know some people that have already preordered it.

They might have pre-ordered the upgrade through Amazon or something like that .... or the website was running fine before they announced the release date yesterday and it just happens that when you were trying it was when they were updating the site to include release date info.

I contacted Apple using the on-line chat thingie they have on their site. Works great. You have to use your login. But it's all good. You just have to prove your upgrading a newly purchased mac. No biggie. I did this yesterday and I expect my software to ship on Friday. I have a mac book pro that I plan to upgrade as well. Not sure if I will brave the store this Friday to purchase the os. I am looking forward to an easier way to rename a file. I am used to a right click then rename from winders. I keep wishing this will happen on Mac.

Easier than just pressing return when the file is highlighted? I can't imagine anything easier to be honest.

Easier than just pressing return when the file is highlighted? I can't imagine anything easier to be honest.

I never tried that before. *feeling stoopid*

But when you hit return, doesn't that start the app?

I never tried that before. *feeling stoopid*

I keep expecting the app / associated app to start when I hit return on a .pdf file or something.

No, to open something, highlight it and press CMD-O.

And no need to feel stupid, it took me a while to get used to it when I switched!

Edited by Graham