andyeb

Can iLife 08 run on Snow Leopard?

5 posts in this topic

I'm not ready to upgrade to the latest version of iLife just yet - can't afford the upgrade bundle, but I get Snow Leopard as part of my Apple Developer Connection Select subscription.

Does anyone know if iLife 08 will run OK on Snow Leopard? Been able to check the compatibility of all the other applications I use regularly, except the iLife Suite. iPhoto is the app I use most, followed by iMovie.

I don't know about iLife '08, but my iLife '06 (one that shipped with my 2006 MacBook) works with Snow Leopard. I only tried iMovie, though.

Works fine. I had iLife '08 on my Leopard Install Discs and didn't want (or need) to upgrade to '09. Re-installed iLife '08 after my Snow Leopard install and have had no problems at all. I mainly only use iPhoto as well but it works great. I assume that all other iLife '08 apps will have no problems either.

Apple Geek

Thanks guys - think I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.

There's something about an OS upgrade-in-place that just feels wrong. Always prefer a clean install myself.

Actually, for what it's worth, I did an upgrade install on my iMac and a clean install on my MBP ... and I don't notice any difference at all. Performance wise that is.