MacCast

Maccast Forum Upgrade

14 posts in this topic

As you likely have already noticed, the Maccast forum received an upgrade last night. I have to do these updates to keep the forum software secure and up to date with the latest patches and bug fixes. Along with the security updates also came some new features and obviously a new look. I am not sure how I feel about this new skin. I might take some getting used to. My ultimate goal is to have a custom theme designed that will match the main Maccast website. Time and budget have been the biggest deterrents to making that happen. If anyone here has experience designing and building IPS themes and wants to volunteer I would be happy to provide graphics and support. Please let me know what you think about the upgrades and if you see any issues or bugs that need to be addresses. Thanks and geek on.

coolrunnings sofar.

new look is much easier on the eyes.

one thing i've noticed is that it takes quite long for the reply box to come up but this can also be my connection.

nice.

coolrunnings sofar.

new look is much easier on the eyes.

one thing i've noticed is that it takes quite long for the reply box to come up but this can also be my connection.

nice.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah it took a while to come up for me too, but only the first time. I also don't see where the 'Quick reply' option is. Obviously we will have some tweaking to do.

It's really weird - just yesterday I was thinking about how "old" this forum looked compared to some other ones that I visit. And I wake up this morning to find this! As quick thoughts, I like the new design a lot. Sure there are some things that we will have to get used to, but so far I think it's great! I look forward to everything that comes in the future.

Apple Geek

Yeh, change always takes a while to become accustomed.

Definitely like the new look.

Was a bit confused about some of the moderator features but I think I'll figure that out, too. Haven't yet figured out how to tell what other mods did in between my sessions so the fact there is no validation queue for both my logons today makes me think I'm missing something.

LOVE the new look. Very chic.

I like how the newest topics are on the right side of the front page of the forum. That makes it so much easier to see what's new!

Glad to hear your all liking the new theme. I wasn't sure at first, but the more I use it the more it seems to grow on me.

Where's the mark all forums as read button? It'll take me forever to mark each individual forum as read...

[edit] Don't worry, I found it. It's right at the very bottom of the front page for anyone else who's looking for it.

Edited by Graham

I love the new look--very sleek and Apple-like. When I use it on my iPhone though, it's hard to see if there are new topics as I have to click on each topic to find new posts. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Looks great Adam. Is it just me or does this new look give it a more "polished" feel ? I like !!!

I love the new look--very sleek and Apple-like. When I use it on my iPhone though, it's hard to see if there are new topics as I have to click on each topic to find new posts. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Yeah, looks like it uses the "Lo-fi" theme for Blackberries, iPods and iPhones. I could change that, but then you would have the full site on those devices. Would that be better or should I look for an Invision Power Board iPhone theme? There seems to be one, but it says it's not 3.0 compatible.

Yeah, looks like it uses the "Lo-fi" theme for Blackberries, iPods and iPhones. I could change that, but then you would have the full site on those devices. Would that be better or should I look for an Invision Power Board iPhone theme? There seems to be one, but it says it's not 3.0 compatible.

Whatever is the easiest for you. I'm finding it works to just look at the topics that get the most posts, while on the iPhone.

Looks good Adam... I really need to find a simple link to your live streaming when you run Macast international times ... I would like to listen live

Keep up the good work