Gospel

Which iPad will you be buying?

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which iPad model do you plan to buy?

• 16GB WiFi iPad
    • 32GB WiFi iPad
    • 64GB WiFi iPad
    • One of the WiFi iPad models
    • 16GB WiFi + 3G iPad
    • 32GB WiFi + 3G iPad
    • 64GB WiFi + 3G iPad
    • One of the WiFi + 3G iPad models
    • Want an iPad but not sure which one, yet.
    • I am not buying an iPad.
    • I am holding out for the 2nd generation iPad

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Which Apple iPad will be buying if any?

Thanks,

Steven

Edited by Gospel

I'm getting a Dell Mini 10v and hackintoshing it.

I'm getting a Dell Mini 10v and hackintoshing it.

But "Netbooks aren't better at anything!" :P

Unless you want to run ARD, Server Admin etc etc etc

Unless you want to run ARD, Server Admin etc etc etc

personally, i'd rather spend a few quid more for a macbook, than deal with the problems of a hackintosh. but i'm sure there's something to be said for the experience...

I'm not a candidate for buying an iPad. I don't mean that I don't like it, but due to my visual limitations that screen is a too small for me for browsing the web in a comfortable way.

As indicated in a similar thread, I'll be selling off my Hackintosh and will likely go for the middle iPad with 3G capability. Since the Hackintosh has only an 8G SSD, I've become accustomed to a lack of storage. It does have MS Office on it so can do 'real' work if I need but it's really been a very portable surfing/email machine for me, mostly just surfing and answering questions for the total non-geeks at my local. Love my iPhone and it works great for me, but it's too small to really show others some things, especially older folks like me. The size of the netbook has made it the almost perfect, "stick in the sidebag on my Harley", portable device. The better battery life, bigger storage and even smaller form factor will make the iPad even closer to perfect. And, I know why Apple refuses to have Flash workable in the iPhone/iPod OS, but it's probably the only thing I'll really miss when I sell off the Hackintosh to reduce the cost of the iPad.

personally, i'd rather spend a few quid more for a macbook, than deal with the problems of a hackintosh. but i'm sure there's something to be said for the experience...

It's not just a few - I'll be paying £280 for the one I want - £470 less than the cheapest macbook in the uk. I also want something tiny, when most of what I need to do when I'm travelling is just email and checking on the servers.

Besides, hackintoshing is fun! I had my old mini 9 up and running in two hours. Quite looking forward to it all to be honest. And in six months when an iPad costs half as much, I can get one of those too :D

Besides, hackintoshing is fun! I had my old mini 9 up and running in two hours. Quite looking forward to it all to be honest. And in six months when an iPad costs half as much, I can get one of those too :D

I can understand that. I probably would have enjoyed it too, a few years back. Getting lazy now :)

Which Apple iPad will be buying if any?

Thanks,

Steven

I plan to buy the 64GB WiFi, but I also plan to buy a 16GB WiFi + 3G iPad to use for iPad application development.

This "computer" is going to be much more and have more potential than most people think it will be!

I've got my 64GB Wi-fi + 3G on pre-order along with the keyboard dock and the 30-pin to VGA cable. My only regret is I won't be able to play with my new iPad on April 3rd like the rest of you who are ordering the Wi-fi only models.

I've ordered the 32 Gig Wifi only model. I really agonized, first, over whether I needed one of these at all. I have multiple Macs and an iPhone. But I have a 1st gen Kindle that I was planning to upgrade to 2nd gen. I finally decided that the iPad would be a way better 2nd Gen Kindle. Then I agonized over whether to go for the 3G or not. Decided that if I actually ran out of reading material, I should usually be able to find a WiFi hotspot to get more. In general, I'll plan ahead as much as I can.

And I hope Amazon's iPad Kindle app will be allowed on the device!

I guess if I decide I've made a mistake about the 3G, I can correct that when an update becomes available.

Don't get buyer's remorse. It's just wasted emotional energy.

I think you're right that it will be way better than a 2nd Gen Kindle (as long as the reading experience on it works for you).

I'm convinced that the Kindle for Amazon is like the iPod for Apple except the reverse business model. For Apple, the content sells hardware, for Amazon the Kindle sells content. They are pretty clearly putting the Kindle app on anything they can to sell books (and, likely other things).

32GB WIFI only for me. I don't honestly see myself taking advantage of the 3G capability so I'll save the cash.

I'll probably get the 32GB +3G although I am keeping the possibility the 64GB would be an option given I travel a lot and would like some videos on it too. I have another 20 odd days at least since I'm just going to pick one up rather than pre-order.

I've got the 32GB wifi + 3G. It's the sweet spot IMO.

I usually feel better by using a full laptop for websurfing etc. But there's one application that makes an iPad interesting: iBooks. But due to the Belgian copyright laws, I heard that it will have a very small amount of books or no books at all. So I'm going to consider an iPad if: 1) there is a bookstore 2) there are enough books in Dutch (my native language) or French (my second language)

Edited by Glenn1983

The iPad just came out in New Zealand at the end of last month, and I stood in line to get one the first morning.

My boyfriend and I both got the 64 gig 3G model.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have got one at all since I have a MacBook Air, but he wanted me to have one so we could play on them together. I love it. I've mostly give my MacBook over to the 10-year-old now. The battery life on this thing is insane!