Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dolphbucs

Still Lovin the new format

2 posts in this topic

Hey Adam .... Just thought I'd post this little anecdote . My niece has been using Facebook for awhile ( she's a HS freshman ) and yesterday she saw me checking this forum. She uses the internet a lot and while not a true geek like us ( she's a music major ) she does know her way around a computer pretty well ( BTW , my brother-in-law ( her father ), his father ( a computer instructor and Math Professor before he passed away ) and I have been giving her heavy doses of the kool-aid since birth and she is definitely a Mac fan ). Anyway, when she saw me checking in on this forum she asked me what it was ... the site looks so good and the forum software works so well that at first she thought it was a Facebook alternative. She especially liked the PM notifications that show up on the picture in the upper right corner.

I have to say I agree and wish all the forums I belong to used this format ( including Leoville Townsquare ). Great find

Dolphbucs

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would reply with my opinion.

I definitely agree. A lot of forums around now use vBulletin software, which is a lot different to this format. In fact, I can only think of one other forum that uses this format (Macworld's). I don't know whether it's any better though; but it is a lot simpler.