Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MacCast

New Server

8 posts in this topic

Maccast forum is now on a new server.

Enjoy!

I see there have been some sharing options added. Are those new? I can't remember!

Might be just the suggestion of it, but it does seem to be running snappier.

I think the new server does feel quicker. We did get a small processor bump, single core to dual core, but the RAM stayed the same. I think it may just be that we no longer have the GoDaddy funk.

I think the new server does feel quicker. We did get a small processor bump, single core to dual core, but the RAM stayed the same. I think it may just be that we no longer have the GoDaddy funk.

G'day! I'm new around here. I assume you run your own hosting? What's the reference to GoDaddy funk?

G'day! I'm new around here. I assume you run your own hosting? What's the reference to GoDaddy funk?

It may be a mis-spelling - maybe even with an anagram of sorts thrown in there - if this is anything to go (elsewhere) by.

my own experience with GoDaddy has never been good. and the only thing worse then GD is Network Solutions. in all cases it's been with use and customer service.

there's the story about paying for an expired domain.

there's the story about a stuck transfer run around.

there's the story about using the panel that contained so much marketing it was next to impossible to use quickly.

there's the story about constant unneeded upsell.

there's the story about having to deal with clients that had GD or NS registered domains, convincing them to move only to have them continue to use either despite the cost, hassle or begging on my part.

there's the story of the 6 mont battle to gain access to a domain for a client that required 4 drivers license, 3 signed affidavits, hours on the phone, bitching about the company on twitter and then one day I got an email saying it was fixed. elf them and that experience.

for a while they didn't automatically make an AUTH code you had to call to get one. and then it was UPSELL, UPSELL, UPSELL until they finally relented forking over the required 12-16 character code.

there's the story of a website getting hacked because an old version of PHP was running on their hosted services. they suspended the site because of the inserted SPAM links but then when we pointed out it wasn't our fault it became a battle of finger pointing. I moved the server services immediately after. they never said sorry and only updated to a newer version after I complained.

I find the marketing on the main site not at all business friendly. it's not as blatant as it was in the past. nobody should put up with sexism selling.

my hatred of GoDaddy is continues. please don't use them for domain registration or web services.

Edited by johnfoster

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0