• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 astolier

astolier

New Mac Geek

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

Mentioned on podcast as a favorite safari feature. I use it frequently but have one complaint. When you open an article in the reading list it disappears from the list. So, if you don't finish reading the article you must re-save it totge reading list to see it again. Would love to see the article stay in the list till deleted.

#2 Harry_The_Bustard

Harry_The_Bustard

Meta Mac Geek

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Location:Sheffield / South Yorkshire / England / United Kingdom / Europe

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Raise it here... http://www.apple.com/feedback/

#3 MacCast

MacCast

King Mac Geek

• Root Admin
  • 1,188 posts
  • Twitter:maccast

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

I'm not having that same experience at least on Safari on the Mac. My articles stay in the Reading List until I manually delete them. Are you using it in Safari or reading items in another App that might be doing the auto-removal?

#4 Apple Geek

Apple Geek

Uber Mac Geek

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

It's also good to note that there's a 'hidden' toggle on the Mac version of Safari for Reading List. On the reading list sidebar, be sure to scroll all the way to the top. Above the topmost article is a hidden search bar and button toggle. My guess would be that your toggle is set to 'Unread' instead of 'All'. Once you open an item from Reading List, it's marked as 'Read' and if you're only seeing the 'Unread' items, it'll look like it disappears from there. See the picture below for a better explanation. I'm not very familiar with Reading List on iOS so I can't give much help there. Hopefully this fixes your issue.

FKGL.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users