Harry_The_Bustard

Unwanted U2 Album

8 posts in this topic

Here's the feedback I sent to Apple today...

"I cannot stand U2 - especially that gobshite Bono - and am appalled that you put their latest album into my library. I've not downloaded it (unlike those poor blighters who have "automatic downloads" turned on) and have hidden it until I can find some way of deleting it from my account. (From from what I can tell it can't be.) Do NOT put any more free media in my account without my permission again."

imagine if the "free" content was something Dr. Dre made. then there would be REAL outrage.

Thank you for the link. All being well it will disappear completely come mid-October when the deadline for downloads arrives.

My worst fear is Tim Cook thinking we should all have a free copy of something by The Communards.

I'd be more worried about getting free Lawrence Welk stuff, but I'm old. :P

They realised their mistake and provided a solution - a link I found via a BBC News story here - whether and where it can be found via the Apple site I don't know.

Adam said in episode 500 that he doesn't understand why people got so riled about free music. It's not only the principle of having something unwanted foisted upon one but also the fact that some, like me, hate the band as they have outspoken political views which they don't necessarily agree with. (Yes, the "RED" thing is all very laudable but some of the other bollocks that Bonehead spouts just makes me look the other way.) And I've never liked their music. (I have a couple of Rage Against The Machine albums - the first two - not because of and, arguably, despite their overtly-political views but simply because I like the music.) Anyway, by way of a bit of fun, seek out the "Harry & Paul" sketches on U2 - principally featuring Bonehead and The Arse - on a well-known video sharing service near you.

Edited by Harry_The_Bustard

For me, it's like any other Ad. If I don't want to see it, I don't watch. In the case of free stuff anyone would give me, if I didn't want it, I'd just delete it.

And, since I don't do Auto Updates, I had to make an effort to get the U2 album (not a fan, but I don't hate them and it's free music)

If they put a Sarah Palin or Ron Paul speech in my Library, I'd be grumpy but just delete when I could. I don't think it's worth getting bent out of shape over.