joenspa

iTunes not syncing playlists to my phone

5 posts in this topic

I have a MacBook Air with 10.10.1 running iTunes 12.01.26 and an iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.1. However it's basically been struggle for over a year now. It started when I moved from using my MacBook Pro as my main machine to using my MacBook Air. The short of the problem is when I sync it can delete playlists but not add any. I just can't get all my playlists to transfer. Genius, Smart or regular. It's annoying as heck.

In the bigger picture I have nothing but problems with my iPhone syncing since I moved to the new laptop. I have wiped and restored no less than 6 time in the last year and it might fix one thing but not another. One issue fixed was syncing of TV shows. It was just all screwed up in that they weren't 100% syncing both directions. In tat case I wiped the phone, restored and got something completely different as far as shows but I could go in and reselect or deselect and have it work.

Is anyone else ready to throw their phone out the window with sync issues? Any thoughts who I can fix this?

Thanks.

I had the same issue with my 5S after going from 10.6.8 to 10.7.5 and did the wipe/restore several times without success. It also coincided with going to iOS 8.1 so I was on the phone and webchat with Apple for several hours total. I never did find a solution, it just started working one day. Wish I could help more. I know how frustrating issues can be.

I found a fix for the iTunes syncing issue. I wanted to sync my whole library and it wasn't. So first I changed it to sync only elect playlists and songs. I just selected a couple and did that. That worked. Then I went back and changed the setting to the whole library. I did appear to work after that. I am adding a lot of my back catalog so we'll see how it goes with future syncing.

Thanks for the input Huskermn.

Lately i have been getting more frustrated with Apple. I am in risk of changing over but man they are letting a lot through the cracks. Apple Mail is full of bugs. I don't want to change to something else but I may have to there. iTunes has it's own bugs and nuances. I'm sure Windows or whatever isn't much better but man I wish all these companies would stop adding "features" and just make what they have better.

Thanks again.

I'm still an Apple guy. I've tried the competition and generally find it lacking. I had a Kindle Fire and while OK, it was no where near my iPad. I also have a Windows 8.1 device and it also is OK. I don't find anything the competition does great or amazing while I often find Apple products are great, not in every aspect but at least something they do.

Back to the sync issue - I had an additional quirk when it wasn't working. All the music said it was syncing when I watched the sync dialog and looked like it was on my iPhone but greyed out when I tried to play it. I have often wondered if there is a connection to my lack of iTunes Match.

I have to agree Apple is still best but just not the best as it was before. I think ALL software companies have to slow down on features and just make what they have work better.

Back on the sync issue. I have shut off attains Match. I think I had it both on and off while having my problems. I'm pretty sure I will be dropping this January when my renewal comes up. I would be more than happy to pay the fee to have no ads on my iTunes Radio however then I cannot sync my music over. My problem is I leave the country almost ever year and can't afford the mobile internet access for while I'm gone. Then my only option is go into my iPad and iPhone and download what I want while on wifi. I have found it's easier to buy devices that can hold all my music and shut off iTunes Match. I guess in the end Apple wins but I would love to see a way to sync music from iTunes to my devices while iTunes Match is on.

Another hassle to all that is I do audio work. Many of my sound files are not published. They are old demos or field form a job I am currently working on and I have found it next to impossible at times to get them over to my mobile devices. I realize I am the exception on that one though.