sleepingmac

is this something i should worry about?

9 posts in this topic

a new network has popped up in my finder sidebar in the "shared" section. i have no idea what/who this is or if its something i should worry about or if i can get rid of it or is it harmless? i changed the password on my wireless network and its still there.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-05%20at%2012.59.

Is it a shared network, or is it a device sharing on YOUR network?

Little Snitch is an app for seeing who and what are connected to your home network. You could try looking at what" connected.

I'm going to guess that its a shared network because my network is password protected and the only things connected to it are my macbook pro, iPhone and xbox. should i turn my firewall on? is it normal for other nearby networks to show up like this on my computer?

I'm not really sure. To be in your finder I thought they had to be on the same network as you. The shared section of the Finder shows devices on your network.

What's the name in finder?

the name in the finder is just cs20 (see above image) i couldn't get any more info from it than that. maybe i will give little snitch a try and see if i can get any more info on the network

well i ran little snitch and set it to show local network traffic. honestly I'm not really sure what to look for here. i didn't see the cs20 network thats in my finder sidebar show up anywhere in little snitch.. so my two major questions still exist. what is this cs20 network and is it malicious or anything i need to worry about?