Randymon

iPod/TV connection - battery killing issue?

3 posts in this topic

Hello -

For several years, we have been watching video from an iPod classic via an Apple composite A/V cable to TV set-up. Recently, the iPod would quickly stop playing with a low battery alert. Assuming the battery was old and tired, we bought a refurbished Classic with a newly installed battery - and after connecting it the same thing happened very quickly. We have since tried another iPod we had on hand - and the same thing happened even more quickly. Something seems to be killing the batteries - any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Rand

That seems really odd. I know nothing about how that cable works, but since the same issue happens with 3 different iPods I'd be apt to suspect the cable. Have you tried changing that out?

The cord would indeed seem the most likely culprit, though we can't understand how it would be doing this. Trouble is, it is not just draining the batteries - it seems to be damaging them, as when we recharge these ipods and try to watch video on them while not connected to the TV, the battery level fluctuates for an hour or two, then it shuts down again. I'm afraid to try another fresh iPod, even with a new cord, in case it's something else in the set-up (TV, VCR, Outlet). Stumped and frustrated we are...