mrstucci

Cloud storage for my peeps....

4 posts in this topic

I am hoping to get some input for cloud sharing for my Mac. I have a 2014 MBP with El Capitan. I have a Transporter Sync with a WD hard drive attached to it. The hard drive has failed. No file loss though. So I am wondering what direction to go. I do have a QNAP NAS-it's ok but not a great, Mac-like UI. Tech support for Mac users isn't all that great. I use it to backup my TM. The TM is also backed up on an old Airport connected to the modem (Comcast). Plus I have a clone backup and Crash Plan. I liked the Transporter Sync for sharing large files with people. What do you recommend to replace the Transporter Sync? Or should I just get another hard drive? What about an Airport Extreme/Express? My brain is a bit sluggish today and I can't seem to come up with a plan. Looking forward to some ideas! Thanks....

Have to say I'm still old school. I have 2 scheduled Super Duper backups. One is weekly to a always connected external and the other is monthly that I keep at the office

replace the hard drive for the Transporter Sync. that should not cost a lot. then you have one more working option.

Hi-I ended up buying a WD hard drive. Got a 3T and all is running smoothly! Easy peasy. Thanks for commenting.... Judy