MacCast

Maccast Forum Updates

2 posts in this topic

You may notice some changes around here. We recently upgraded our forum software and there are a few changes I thought you might want to know about. The biggest thing you'll probably notice is just a new design/layout. The other noticeable change is instead of friends you now have followers. Followers gives you the ability to follow another member without that being automatically reciprocal. You also have the ability in your profile to control if you want people to be able to follow you. That's mostly it. If you notice other things, have suggestions or questions please feel free to post them here on this topic.

Looks like I'm still exploring all the new features too. One to be aware of is Notifications. Your browser may ask you if you want to get notifications from this site. If you say yes will will get browser notifications. You can control these settings in a couple ways:

1) Change the notification setting in your profiles Account Settings

2) Change the Notification option in your browsers preferences. I don't know about other browsers, but in Safari for Mac go to 'Safari' > 'Preferences' > 'Notifications' and look for the settings for `forum.maccast.com`