Highstreet

Let me see your Mac!

191 posts in this topic

I'd post a pic of mine but that means I'd have to get rid of the 10 empty cans of soda on my desk.

I'd post a pic of mine but that means I'd have to get rid of the 10 empty cans of soda on my desk.

Just wait a few days. The sugar ants will carry them off for you and then you can post a new picture. :D

my design HQ. Powermac G5 dual 1.8GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD

G5.JPG

Mac.JPG

psp in the background??? nice? what firmware? got homebrew?

just upgraded to 2.0 with the web browser and stuff. no homebrew, YET

this photo is old, but I still use the same computer

g5.jpg

i need one of those external hard drives. my 160gb is all filled up

i need one of those external hard drives. my 160gb is all filled up

I sold my external hard disk a long time ago. It was noiser than the whole PowerMac. I now use internal drives only. I highly recommend the Western Digital 320GB 8MB cache HDD... it's very fast and is one of the quietest hard disks I've ever used.

Here's my desk at college. This picture includes my iBook G4, Mighty Mouse, iPod... and my Apple 1984-2004 poster!

collegedesk.jpg

Nice setup. I do have one question, however. Is that a picture of Fred Rogers over in the corner on the desk?

Here's my desk at college.  This picture includes my iBook G4, Mighty Mouse, iPod... and my Apple 1984-2004 poster!

I have that same poster! I was so pissed at this year's MacWorld SF, because they didn't have any posters, when they could have had them for BOTH the Mac Mini and Shuffle (being the new products from that expo). Before the Expo, I cleared a space on my wall for the poster, making a huge and completely noticeable hole, and it was so depressing when I had nothing to fill it up with.

Nice setup.  I do have one question, however.  Is that a picture of Fred Rogers over in the corner on the desk?

Hahaha. Everyone notices that. Yep, it's Mr. Rogers. Autographed!

nice!!!! where did u get the poster from and how much? i want an apple poster real bad( a think diffrent one mainly) but there like 200$ every where ive seen em

nice!!!! where did u get the poster from and how much? i want an apple poster real bad( a think diffrent one mainly) but there like 200$ every where ive seen em

well, here's fifty bucks... i think that's pretty cheap considering they're pretty much collectors items now.... it's from (i think) 2 macworlds ago, so it is probly pretty tough to get them otherwise... they also have some think different posters here, but, as you say, some of them are very expensive, since theyre even more rare...

Nice setup.  I do have one question, however.  Is that a picture of Fred Rogers over in the corner on the desk?

Hahaha. Everyone notices that. Yep, it's Mr. Rogers. Autographed!

I know it is off topic, but I would venture a guess that the autographed picture is now worth more than the poster.

nice!!!! where did u get the poster from and how much?

You guys are gonna hate me for this... but Apple visited my college last spring, handing out flyers and stuff and doing some free iPod promotions... and they had at least a dozen of these posters that they gave out for free.

nice!!!! where did u get the poster from and how much?

You guys are gonna hate me for this... but Apple visited my college last spring, handing out flyers and stuff and doing some free iPod promotions... and they had at least a dozen of these posters that they gave out for free.

wow, that's pretty awesome. i'm sure they have a whole warehouse full of the stuff somewhere....

imacg43we.th.jpg

Here's a picture of the computer I'm on now. It's an old picture (if you look, you can see the iCal schedule is from 2004) but it basically looks the same, but now it has a silicone keyboard cover with a new keyboard and my Iomega 80GB external hard drive. That was also back when I used Safari. I still have 10.3 though, so I'm using Firefox because of the tabbed browsing.

imacg34cw.th.jpg

This is a picture of my iMac G3. I got this for babysitting for 3 hours about 2 years ago. They were moving and it was so old (233mhz, 64MB RAM, 6GB HD) that they just gave it to me. I don't use it currently, because I have no use. I have it upgraded to 9.2 though. It's currently in the basement, gaining dust.

Just curious, if you're not using them are you planning to sell your iMac or your Power Mac G4?

Here was my temporary setup at work the day after getting the new iMac G5. You can see the PC [Piece o'Crap] being slaved on the iMac via Remote Desktop and the G4 is using both the Cinema Display and Pedestrian Monitor.

Oh wait - the G4 has two procs. That makes it a 5 banger setup :) (6 with the Casio Calculator)

QuadProcessor.jpg

Just curious, if you're not using them are you planning to sell your iMac or your Power Mac G4?

I'm trying to find something to do with my iMac G3, if anyone has an idea, I'd love to hear it! I also think that the PowerMac G4 is being sold to someone because their older computer isn't powerful enough.

Does anyone know anyone that likes old iMac G3s? :lol:

Here was my temporary setup at work the day after getting the new iMac G5. You can see the PC [Piece o'Crap] being slaved on the iMac via Remote Desktop and the G4 is using both the Cinema Display and Pedestrian Monitor.

Oh wait - the G4 has two procs. That makes it a 5 banger setup :) (6 with the Casio Calculator)

Holy Coy... let's see. 1.. 2.. 3.. 4 mice. How do you keep from getting mouse-confusion? Two is usually enough to throw me off :)

Holy Coy... let's see. 1.. 2.. 3.. 4 mice. How do you keep from getting mouse-confusion? Two is usually enough to throw me off :)

They're not all operational. At least not all at once. :)

imacg43we.th.jpg

Here's a picture of the computer I'm on now. It's an old picture (if you look, you can see the iCal schedule is from 2004) but it basically looks the same, but now it has a silicone keyboard cover with a new keyboard and my Iomega 80GB external hard drive. That was also back when I used Safari. I still have 10.3 though, so I'm using Firefox because of the tabbed browsing.

imacg34cw.th.jpg

This is a picture of my iMac G3. I got this for babysitting for 3 hours about 2 years ago. They were moving and it was so old (233mhz, 64MB RAM, 6GB HD) that they just gave it to me. I don't use it currently, because I have no use. I have it upgraded to 9.2 though. It's currently in the basement, gaining dust.

Safari does have tabbed browsing.