MACo_Polo

Commercials that the Macs have been featured in.

33 posts in this topic

The last few weeks that I have been watching T.V, the Mac has been popping up in a bunch of different commercials. The only ones that I can remember right at this moment are:

1. J.C Penny Commercial

2. Philly Cream Cheese Commercial

Do you guys know anymore???

i dont know about commercials (tivo) but i know that in almost every TV show that i watch they all use macs. it just makes you smile when you see it.

being without any type of paid TV, i have to sit throught countless commercials, but I haven't seen too many macs placed in them. I have however seen them in the commercials before movies are shown in a theater (yes, commercials. Not trailers). In a fandango commercial when the paper bag puppets are ordering tickets online, they are clearly using an iBook with a shiny pear shaped sticker covering up the Apple logo (to avoid paying, probably). I also see lots of apple product placement in TV shows like older episodes of Stargate SG-1, Veronica Mars, even (ahh, it was long ago) some of the characters in the old anime "Digimon" used iBook G3 machines. Is it just me or does it seem like the iBook got more publicity than the PowerBook?

I have just found another commercial that the iMac has been featured in. It was a commercial about Nissan cars where this woman was using a mac to buy her car.

Ah yes that commersial I think most clearly displays the iMac.

I've noticed over the years that Apple is heavy into product placement.

Plus, what TV producer wants his cool tv actor to be working on an ugly piece of crap?

Ah yes that commersial I think most clearly displays the iMac.

I've noticed over the years that Apple is heavy into product placement.

Plus, what TV producer wants his cool tv actor to be working on an ugly piece of crap?

Actually, believe it or not, I have read that Apple pays for little or no product placement in movies/tv. But since all the directors/producers are most likely using them, they stick 'em in there. Plus, they look way better as we all know.

When you see them in tv shows, you very often see them with a sticker of some sort over the apple. Makes me smile every time.

Wanna hear something really silly....The main internet provider here using macs in its advertising, but doesn't offer mac support for its service!

:(

Wanna hear something really silly....The main internet provider here using macs in its advertising, but doesn't offer mac support for its service!

:(

hahaha. thats brilliant. probably could win a courtcase for false advertising on that one.

When you see them in tv shows, you very often see them with a sticker of some sort over the apple. Makes me smile every time.

i used to see that all the time, like on "friends". but lately (the OC, Entourage) i think they are just leaving them off. its a good deal for apple

haha, i was just remembering in Entourage they were standing by a desk and the lead acting agent (Ari) says "i wonder how hot it is outside" and his assistant (Lloyd) says "my widget say 107 degrees", Ari replies "what the F*** is a widget!!!"...

haha, i was just remembering in Entourage they were standing by a desk and the lead acting agent (Ari) says "i wonder how hot it is outside" and his assistant (Lloyd) says "my widget say 107 degrees", Ari replies "what the F*** is a widget!!!"...

Hahah, thats so brilliant. I love it when writers of tv shows throw in some of their geekiness in the script.

I have seen yet another commercial that a mac Pro this time was featured in. It was Mercury car commercial

i was watching tv the other day and a movie was on. i think it was a movie anyway i wasnt really paying attention. but these 2 guys are sitting with their laptops on a bench and one has a mac and one has a dell or something. anyway, the guy with the mac gets dumped by his girlfriend and is ready to throw his mac in the lake when the other guy stops him and says "woah, here throw this... but never that one" i thought it was great

i was watching tv the other day and a movie was on. i think it was a movie anyway i wasnt really paying attention. but these 2 guys are sitting with their laptops on a bench and one has a mac and one has a dell or something. anyway, the guy with the mac gets dumped by his girlfriend and is ready to throw his mac in the lake when the other guy stops him and says "woah, here throw this... but never that one" i thought it was great

haha, yea thats great.

Well here we are in December and I have another Commercial to add...

A guy takes what looks like a MacBook Pro and tries to photocopy it and calls it "Macrome" or something like that. It was a commercial for the Lottery I think if I remember correctly.

Mac pop up frequently in Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and CSI Miami. Lucy or Darius (in S60) is usually working on a MacBook Pro in the writer's room. In CSI Miami, usually the DNA or Trace labs have either Mac monitors or iMacs in them.

I have seen another commercial:

The Chevy commercial where Everyone runs outside to get into one when others tell them "Lets Go". In the first few seconds, a girl gets an email in Mail.app on a Mac that says "Lets Go".

The Netflix commercial features a man on an iBook if I remember correctly.

Lately in TV Shows and commercials, I have seen not Apple Hardware, but I recognize Loops from GarageBand in the sound track. There was a Budweiser commercial that I remember hearing Apple Loops in, and a lot of times o the Discovery Channel during shows, you can hear Apple Loops. Its kind of neat to think of all the shows that not only prominently feature Mac Hardware, and loops, but were also probably produced and edited on Macs.

Edited by MACo_Polo

More Shows

1. Gene Simmons uses an iBook on "Gene Simmons: Family jewels".

2. On The Daily Show, Jason Jones was on a MBP when reporting.

There were 3 other shows/commercials but I cannot remember them off the top of my head...

This was not from a commercial so much as it was an online ad, but Microsoft uses Macs in their ads. Don't believe me? Have a look.

63589r2ro8.jpg

Another image from the same ad

62785leftbl9.jpg

For anyone with an iBook the orange glowing power connecter will look very familiar. Also, check out the ADB II mouse in the lower left of the second image. Last I knew Windows server 2003 didn't run on iBooks... I thought you guys might appreciate this one.

These ads are not Photoshoped, I grabbed them for myself from Microsoft's own web page years ago and look at them when I need a laugh. They've since changed the pic to a more Windows friendly one, check it out if you want.

-Tom

I dont know whether its because we are mac geeks? (and thus notice it more), but they seem to be in almost all films ive seen recently and many adverts

I dont know whether its because we are mac geeks? (and thus notice it more), but they seem to be in almost all films ive seen recently and many adverts

We might notice it but they are also seen more often because all of the people creating this sort of stuff use macs

In the UK. Malteasers ad. All the England Rugby World Cup games, our team had macbook pros on the side line. Quite a few movies have them too, gotta rattle my brain to try and remember.

One of the Tesco insurance ads has a MBP in it. Running bloody windows!