Goatman

MacBook Protection Pack For 13" MacBook Review

20 posts in this topic

I just received my Protection Pack by MarWare for my MacBook. I like it alot so far, it consists of a foamy wrist guard with a adhesive that sticks well. And a lint free cover for the keyboard. It works really well so far my only complaint is the "Marware" in big grey letters on the wristguard.

246921920_7d2fa19891.jpg

246922185_be8c303998.jpg

246921542_9469afee46.jpg

microsoft mouse? come on

Microsoft make some good Mice and Keyboards, and it was $20 from Dell. It's a better mouse then my Logitech was

Edited by Goatman

as long as you got it cheap i guess its cough cough "ok"

Thats Interesting.. might get that for mine.

Thanks for the Review :P

I have purchased the macbook pro protection pack and I would recommend it.

The grey of the wrist gaurd seems to work fine on the aluminium MBP finish and should protect the aluminium from my toxic secretions!

I am not sure about the other 2 items, namely the keyboard protector and the microfiber bag thingie. I would think a proper sleeve is better protection that the microfiber bag, and I have never noticed problems from the keyboard on the monitor.

However, these weren't the reason I bought it, and I am very pleased with the wrist gaurd. It has a more pleasing feel than the aluminium too.

as long as you got it cheap i guess its cough cough "ok"

hey man, don't dis the microsoft mouse. they make good mice. *cough cough* and thats about it.

I like my $15 Logitec and it works fine. I just hate the feel of the Microsoft mouse's buttons, but to each their own, I guess. I have nothing against the Microsoft mouse because it's Microsoft, just because I don't like it. And the Mighty Mouse sucks, no other way about it.

I like my $15 Logitec and it works fine. I just hate the feel of the Microsoft mouse's buttons, but to each their own, I guess. I have nothing against the Microsoft mouse because it's Microsoft, just because I don't like it. And the Mighty Mouse sucks, no other way about it.

I will stand by the mighty mouse, expensive price and all for ONE feature... the buttons on the side access expose. Name ONE other mouse that does that. ONE. Yea, didn't think so :P

I will stand by the mighty mouse, expensive price and all for ONE feature... the buttons on the side access expose. Name ONE other mouse that does that. ONE. Yea, didn't think so :P

I thought the ONE feature was going to be that it looks good. Other mice have programable buttons. I am sure there is one of them that lets you do that but none of them look good. The microsoft mice are great but they are ugly.

This first accessory I got for my black MacBook was the Marware Protection Pack (got one for my brother's MBP too). I must say it's a great product, especially the hand rest as it provides a very cushioned soft edge to rest your wrists on since the MacBook's design leaves a very sharp and uncomfortable edge there. Like the initial poster, the only gripe I have with this product is the huge MARWARE logo. Several people have looked at my laptop and asked what's that "MARWARE laptop you have"?!

Marware proctecion packs are awesome. I just got one for Christmas for my MacBook, too.

I'd recommend the wrist wrest highly, but not the keyboard protector. Look at that original photo, the edges of the keyboard thing has a raised edge where it's sewn together or whatever and puts additional pressure on the monitor when it's closed. I found that i was getting those "spots" on the monitor, the exact spots that I put the protector on there to defeat, from having it on.

Instead get the Shaggymac Laptop screen protector.

ibook12a.jpg

Notice: No raised edges. It's really nice. (And you can pick the color if you want).

However, if you want to have the Marware wrist wrest, that I recommend AND the Shaggymac screen protector you'll have to cut the shaggymac one to the size of the keyboard. As the Marware wrest adds just enough additional thickness to the macbook that if you also add another layer of the shaggymac protector the screen will not latch properly. I did this and it works great. I'm very pleased.

Photo_030207_001-1.jpg

i would have recommended the marware protection pack 3 months ago... but not anymore and here are my reasons...

1. the marware letters that make the entire computer look cheaper

2. they made my wrists itch when i typed for over about 20 minutes (maybe just me)

3. when i went to take off the pad it left all of the sticky stuff on my macbook and it took me about 30 minutes to get all of it off again.

the way i see it is you have a 1 year standard warranty that you can bring in your computer and get the wrist pad fixed for discoloration

i would have recommended the marware protection pack 3 months ago... but not anymore and here are my reasons...

1. the marware letters that make the entire computer look cheaper

2. they made my wrists itch when i typed for over about 20 minutes (maybe just me)

3. when i went to take off the pad it left all of the sticky stuff on my macbook and it took me about 30 minutes to get all of it off again.

the way i see it is you have a 1 year standard warranty that you can bring in your computer and get the wrist pad fixed for discoloration

There's no quarentee that Apple will fix the wrist pad.... officially the warranty and Apple Care don't cover cosmetic issues.

Logitech MX Revolution, in my opinion the best mouse on the market.

This first accessory I got for my black MacBook was the Marware Protection Pack (got one for my brother's MBP too). I must say it's a great product, especially the hand rest as it provides a very cushioned soft edge to rest your wrists on since the MacBook's design leaves a very sharp and uncomfortable edge there. Like the initial poster, the only gripe I have with this product is the huge MARWARE logo. Several people have looked at my laptop and asked what's that "MARWARE laptop you have"?!

That is also what i do not really like about the wrist pad too., the MAWARE logo is a little to big. I am thinking about wether to get this or not and just go with cleaning it regularly and a bit more often.

I might consider getting something like that, but just on a side note, I LOVE YOUR HUMMER IN THE BACKGROUND! MWHAAAA

I also have the 17 MBP Plus package. I love the microfiber sleeve ( great for additional protection when MBP is in my carrying case ). I have as yet not had any issue with the Marware Keyboard screen protector but I do like the idea of the Shaggy Mac cloth better.