Sign in to follow this  
Legolover64

It's been about 6 months since I got my Mac

Hey guys,

I'm currently a 17 year old High School Junior, and I use computers at school a lot. I'd say around 5 years ago, my family stopped using Macs (this was pre-Apple Store) because we got screwed over on a few purchases. My dad decided, being the head of the technology in my house at the time, to go with PC's. To tell you the truth, I got very used to my PCs I had over the years, borrowed from my dad/purchased on my own. However, a year ago, I got an iPod 5G. Instantly, I fell in love with the way it stores things, the sleek blend of software and hardware, everything was phenomenal. I'm not going to lie, the "halo effect' got me. So, late July of this year, I finally convinced my parents (school and debate practically required it) to get me, with some of my own funding, a Macbook. We didn't go for anything too crazy, 512MB of RAM, the $1099 model. We also picked up Office 2k4 Student and an orange case.

I love it.

I love the way it works, how everything is so fluid and works from one application to the next (even with 3rd party apps!) Locations, with my school's proxy settings, have been a lifesaver and Camino retains the Firefox-type compatibility I had on my PC and the OS-integration (location, location, location :P) that Safari has. I have already played around in GarageBand and learned a few things about Terminal (can anyone point me to a guide?) Quite frankly, I couldn't be happier with this computer. I haven't yet experienced discoloration or cracking, but this is probably because I'm so anal retentive about my computer and its bag, heh. My ONLY gripe is that there's a stain (dirt or something) on my screen that won't come off. It's really annoying.

That's my story guys :)

And a great story it is! Congratulations on your discoveries and welcome to world you will never want to leave.

Hello about the terminal and learning about unix. do search in google you will find ton's of info for beginners. there is also a manual in the terminal. Open the terminal then type "man" (without the quotes) space and whatever command that you want to learn about. use the space bar to scoll the page in the terminal.

hope this helps.

real

Great Story! Its wierd how a large percentage of the storys we hear are Happy customers.. i would love to see the microsfot forums with a "Switcher Stories" i doubt it would be popular.