GeoScoes

Mixed Up Album Art

We (me, son and daughter) have two 4th gen and 1 5th gen iPods. The iPods occcasionally display the wrong album art- maybe 10% of the time.

I see people have problems with missing art but ours is just wrong art. Any ideas?

Thanks

GeoScoes

(#197)

i've got this problem with my 4th gen as well, i think it happens when you make big changes like moving lots of songs on and off the iPod it sometimes gets mixed up. I also have some artwork for songs i don't even have.

To fix this is to remove everything off your iPod then reload it all. You could just restore it using the itunes 7 restore feature

iTunes generates thumbnail artwork when you sync, sometimes those thumbnails get associated with the wrong files. What you need to do is get iTunes to regenerate the thumbnails and associate then with the correct files.

In iTunes select your iPod then select the Music Tab. On the bottom of that screen you should see the check box "Display album artwork on your iPod", uncheck the box and press apply. Your iPod you then sync and you should see a message about deleting artwork.

When the sync is finished re-check the artwork box select apply and the the sync should display a messages about optimising artwork. If it's a large library (at least a lot of files) it can take a little bit of time, but not too long.

Edited by Ginamos

My iPod nano 2G frequently shows both the wrong album art and song title when turned back on from rest. For example, it might say it's playing Mozart and display a violin, but it's actually playing techno. <_<

It corrects itself when i select another song though.

Edited by xerent