Sign in to follow this  
pieman

your hardware wshes

mine would be a portable audio video and ebbook reader that also plays games. it would also have to have at least a 18 hour battery and have at least a 20 gb hardrive.

i no im simple in my needsso lets go nuts get designing my fellow mac geeks.

My request is simple. I'd like to see drivers for the Ergodex DX1 input system. That device would be quite nifty for how I work.

SEE: http://www.ergodex.com

My request should be very simple but never is. I need a phone that is available on the sprint network [i am tied to sprint with a lifetime 25% discount on service] that will sync via isync. It also must have the ability to view pictures, or set them as backgrounds, and play mp3's, or set them as ringtones, when they are stored on expandable microsd cards. It must be thin and sleek and have an internal antenna. Oh yah and the price must be, without rebates, $300-$350. Is that really so hard? The new razors that they have would be fine if they were not locked down tighter than a.... I don't care if it has a camera although it's nice, I don't need TV, or broadband internet. I want bluetooth but I don't care if I can use bluetooth to transfer the music and pictures, hell I will even buy the required data cable separately if I have to [talk about cheap though].

My request should be very simple but never is. I need a phone that is available on the sprint network [i am tied to sprint with a lifetime 25% discount on service] that will sync via isync. It also must have the ability to view pictures, or set them as backgrounds, and play mp3's, or set them as ringtones, when they are stored on expandable microsd cards. It must be thin and sleek and have an internal antenna. Oh yah and the price must be, without rebates, $300-$350. Is that really so hard? The new razors that they have would be fine if they were not locked down tighter than a.... I don't care if it has a camera although it's nice, I don't need TV, or broadband internet. I want bluetooth but I don't care if I can use bluetooth to transfer the music and pictures, hell I will even buy the required data cable separately if I have to [talk about cheap though].

Their Pocket PC device ( PPC 6700 ??? ) along with a copy of Missing Sync would give you everything but the sleek size you seek.

A decent implementation of the tablet Mac idea. It would have to work like a notebook does now, but both "halves" would be as thin as a MacBook screen and able to twist and flip (without breaking like the ones around now do) to close "open". Flash memory only, no hard disk drive. Full wireless and ethernet capabilities would not only allow wireless networking and internet connections, but also improved Net-Boot abilities meaning no more optical drive. Bluetooth with real security is also a must.

Add to that the tiny weight proportional to the iPod nano, keyboard and trackpad, handwriting recognition that works, price under $800 and mass consumption meaning they were safe as houses in the street and we would all be on to a winner.

Oh, and of course 2GB RAM standard, upgradable to 4GB with the latest and greatest in multi-tasking processors and batteries that have 12-24 hour lives yet weigh less than a dime.

Oh yes... I am actually drooling now.

Their Pocket PC device ( PPC 6700 ??? ) along with a copy of Missing Sync would give you everything but the sleek size you seek.

yah except the thing is a brick and costs $550 dollars. Maybe I could tape a lead weight nad a couple hundred dollar bills to a cingular razor and sprint would let me use that instead.

Edited by joshr

yah except the thing is a brick and costs $550 dollars. Maybe I could tape a lead weight nad a couple hundred dollar bills to a cingular razor and sprint would let me use that instead.

w / rebates you can get it for $299.99. alternatively you could troll ebay and come in approx $200–400.'

...just saying...