markrob7000

Backpack for 15" MacBook Pro

I have recently purchased a 15" MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo and I'm looking for a good backpack style carrying case for the computer. I've looked at several bags at my local CompUSA, but the sleeves for the computer are too big for the slim MacBook Pro.

Has anyone found a good backpack style case for the MacBook Pros?

Thanks,

Mark

Try ebags.com.

I bought an OGIO brand bag in August, and I love it.

It's easily the sturdiest bag I've ever owned.

I bought the Metroid, which might be bigger than you need, but one if the best parts is the fact that the main, huge compartment is almost invisible when not in use, so the bag seems reasonably sized most of the time with the big compartment collapsed, then when you need to carry a ton of stuff (textbooks, gym clothes, etc.) the room is there.

These bags are a bit more than the standard $40.00 backpack at Best Buy, but if you google ebags & coupons, you'll get several discounts.

Read the reviews on the Metroid; they are very accurate, including the part about the fact that the zippers on two of the side pockets are a bit odd in that they close from top to bottom.

I'm pretty sure you won't have any trouble fitting a 15" MBP in the computer compartment. The computer compartment doesn't rest on the bottom of the bag, so if you drop the bag setting it down, you don't have to worry about your computer.

This is one of the best computer bags I've ever owned.

Hope this helps.

-Rob

Without a doubt my favorite bag company is STM (www.stmbags.com.au). There are bags for everything including the Mac Mini!

I personally have a MacBook and use the 13" Glove (highly recommended) and the Sports2 backpack (even more highly recommended). There is a lot of choice and there are resellers all over so check out where to buy on their website.

I don't know if Crumpler has any backpacks, of if they just have shoulderbags, but either way I'm very happy with my shoulderbag. I have the Cheesy Disco bag. They design the bags especially to fit Apple laptops and they're pretty waterproof. Highly recommended.

I don't own one, but I've heard that Booq Bags makes great backpacks, sleeves and bags.

I currently have a STM shoulder bag for my MacBook Pro but I am currently looking to replace it. It does the job great, it just does not have much room for anything else but a laptop and a book in it. Bad mistake on my part for even considering it.

tj115za_125.jpg

I am not sure what to get at this point..