TimothyMDean

Free SW with new Mac Pro?

I'm just going through working on my brand new Mac Pro. I noticed a couple applications were bundled in with the system that I wasn't aware of.

OmniOutliner is once again included. It had been bundled with the OS a while back (not sure if it was in the Panther days or what, but they stopped including it in later versions)

Also, looks like they are now bundling "Comic Life", a great app that I have purchased for my other Macs.

Has anyone else noticed any unexpected apps bundled with their newer machines? Are the same apps bundled with new Macbooks, or is this just a Mac Pro thing?

- Tim

Honestly, in all the machines i have unpacked and run up for customers over the past months I haven't noticed, but I believe those are the only two apps (barring the trials as always) and they are bundled on Pro machines only (24" iMac, MacBook Pro and Mac Pro).

OmniOutliner and Comic Life came on my 2.ogHz MacBook that i purchased in May 2006.

Looking at the demo machines today revealed the same thing on all models; they all have those two apps. I didn't realize because the first boot of my lovely MacBook was to the OS X Install DVD anyway ;)

I was stoked to get Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4 on my eMac in 2004. Shame it ran really slow...

those are the two new apps apple is bundling right now they change every once in a while I got Sound studio with my mac in 2003

Edited by joshimacvid

In both cases we are talking about a completely different thing. This is 2006. This is Intel Macs. This is Tiger. Please try to stick to the topic at hand.