Sign in to follow this  
tbrouwer

Import Mail

Seems like I should know this already :huh: but how do I import mailboxes along with the messages when I move from one computer to an account on a shared computer? I got all the mailbox folders when I went through the new account assistant but no messages when the computer I am abandoning was in Target Disk mode. Any ideas? My guess is that I have to put all the messages and mailboxes into a public folder on the Target computer? Has anyone dealt with this lately? Thanks!

Tom :unsure:

If you want to move ALL Mail data from one machine to another simply grab the following move to the corresponding location on the other Mac:

User/Library/Mail (grab the whole folder)

User/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist

If you want to move ALL Mail data from one machine to another simply grab the following move to the corresponding location on the other Mac:

User/Library/Mail (grab the whole folder)

User/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist

Thank you Matt!

In the meanwhile I figured out the solution on my own and it worked perfectly of course. I had originally used the Mail Imposrt Assistant and it didn't work. After numerous attempts using the assistant I finally got angry and reasoned it out on my own - no help from Apple. Well, my wife and I are now on the road for a two year overseas assignment and both have all our mail on one Macbook Pro. We love this machine!

Thanks again Matt!