Sign in to follow this  
TimothyMDean

HP Photosmart C3120 problems

As part of my new system purchase, I got an HP Photosmart C3120 printer. It's a cheap one I know, but I would think it should at least work a little bit. It seems like it won't load any paper without jamming itself. I can't figure out if there's something physically blocking the paper path or if perhaps there's something mechanical with the paper rollers. I've got a support request into HP, so we'll see if I get any helpful responses.

In the mean time, I'm thinking that I'll have to return the printer for a replacement unit. Rather than packing up and shipping it back (I purchased online), I'd much prefer to just take it into a local Apple store for a replacement. Does anyone know if this is allowed with hardware that was ordered from the online store?

Thanks,

- Tim

I wish I could help you man. All I can say is I got an HP C3180 All in One for free ($100 rebate when I bought my Mac), and I LOVE it. It has never failed me. It's a sexy printer, and it matches my white MacBook. If you are going to get a new printer, you can't go wrong with the C3180.

I wish I could help you man. All I can say is I got an HP C3180 All in One for free ($100 rebate when I bought my Mac), and I LOVE it. It has never failed me. It's a sexy printer, and it matches my white MacBook. If you are going to get a new printer, you can't go wrong with the C3180.

I think I can say, without a doubt, that you can go wrong with the C3180. It simply will not work for me. I am waiting for a response from HP before deciding if I need to return it.

- Tim

HP sent me a reply but it wasn't particularly helpful. Looks like it's time to make a return.