andmill

Best way of making processor hot

I live in a very cold house, esp at night, I cant heat my room with a heater so i want to heat it with the computer! Ik its not going to do much but... anyway I was going to encode video every night when i go to bed, but thats going to be kind of anoying doing every night... any other ideas on how to get the processor to heat up for a long time?

Not that I condone it, due to the fact the components aren't really meant to be that hot all the time, but hypothetically if I wanted to torch my cpu Id get two programs (or one program and the terminal). smcFanControl, and the Macbook RSS test (alternatively, go to terminal and run $"sudo yes > /dev/null" (without quotes) twice.)

Probably best to get a good space heater or an electric blanket.

Edited by ithonicfury

I'm assuming he wants to heat up the old iMac, rather than his macbook. It's a good idea, and if anyone can find something i would use it. These computers dont have fans, making them heat up quicker and hotter.

I'm assuming he wants to heat up the old iMac, rather than his macbook. It's a good idea, and if anyone can find something i would use it. These computers dont have fans, making them heat up quicker and hotter.

Or you could sell the imac instead of destroying it and use the money to buy a heater plus whatever else you might want money for.

I really can't imagine anyone considering this course of action. I can only advise against it as it will not only kill your Mac, but it could potentially be a danger to your health. Not only will this cause all manner of micro-system damage but it could also be a fire hazard (which isn't Apples fault; this is not what Macs were designed for).

lol,

this was mostly a joke!

ha.... good one :(

thanks for the time waster.

you could run benchmarks.