s03bf0c0

Macbook Firmware Update

Hey,

I updated my firmware on my macbook last week, its the older Core Duo model, and since then I've had a coupe of kernel panics, and my battery has been pretty erratic.

Has anyone else had issues?

I don't know if this is caused by the firmware update, but my Macbook suddenly shut down two days ago and only would power up after removing the battery. It does not seem to be the RSS issue since I've had it run at high load without any power loss for an extended amount of time.

I have had no issues and have seen no issues either. The update has seemed quite stable to me.

My MacBook still works perfectly. I don't think it's the update.

I've updated my personal MacBook, my work-issued MacBook, and a pair of Mac Pros so far with the new firmware. I've also seen a MacBook Pro upgraded that was fine. I think you may have had a bad update somehow. Did you get notice of any errors after installing the update and booting back into OS X?

You may want to try running the update again and see if it lets you do it over. I'm not sure it will, but it's worth a shot.

get the apple firmware restore CD (download it and burn, then boot and restore). Then see if the problems persist.

get the apple firmware restore CD (download it and burn, then boot and restore). Then see if the problems persist.

I've heard of people having issues from not following the install directions exactly. Specifically when they startup the computer not holding down the power button. The directions may be different for a laptop though.

Make sure that you printout the instructions before the firmware update!

Make sure that you printout the instructions before the firmware update!

I've heard this and posted it elsewhere:

Holding power button at startup = throttled chip speed

clean install adjusted all connectivity, battery length, power mgmt, rss ... etc.

automatically transfering data from PPC to Intel on first start-up screws power mgmt & Firmware.

since...no issues besides .Mac angst!!!

Edited by kiffallen

Now I am having battery problems. I think it is because I pretty much killed my battery to 0% though. I don't know.