Sign in to follow this  
slpoetzl

IPod and Keynote and Power Point

I have heared, from reading Peachpit Press tips, that you can load Power Point shows onto my IPod photo 30 G. Can you also do that with Keynote? Then Peachpit said you can play it through a projector like you would your laptop. What kind of cables do I need to do that? This is all new to me and my Ipod is brand new. :?:

Well, if they mean that you can use your iPod as a portable hard drive, that's true, because it is a portable hard drive. You can move any types of files around, if you enabled Disk Access mode (I think its called).

I'm not sure about plugging the iPod into a projector directly. I have an 20GB Color Screen iPod (not iPod photo anymore), but I've never tried plugging it into a projector or TV of any sort. The only way I could see to use it as a presentation, would be to export each slide as an image, and do an image slideshow. However, without great effort, you couldn't get any of the Powerpoint animations. If anyone else knows how to do this, I would love to know as well.

Here is the paragraph from Peachpit Press

Does it make sense to anyone?

PowerPoint Presentations with iPod Photo

PowerPoint Presentations with iPod Photo That’s right, iPod photo offers portable PowerPoint presentations, no laptop required! Here’s how: 1. Create or open a PowerPoint presentation 2. Choose Save As from PowerPoint’s File menu 3. From the Format pop-up menu in the resulting Save As dialog box, choose TIFF (Tagged Image File Format); then click Save. 4. Connect your iPod photo to your computer. 5. Launch iTunes 4.7 or later, choose Preferences from the iTunes menu, click the iPod tab, and then click the Photos tab in the iPod Preferences window. 6. Select Choose Folder from the Synchronize Photos From pop-up menu, and navigate to the folder full of images you exported from PowerPoint. 7. Click OK to load the images to your iPod. 8. Connect your iPod to a projector or television, configure its Slideshow Settings for a manual slideshow, and run your presentation from the iPod.

Here is the paragraph from Peachpit Press

Does it make sense to anyone?

PowerPoint Presentations with iPod Photo

PowerPoint Presentations with iPod Photo That’s right, iPod photo offers portable PowerPoint presentations, no laptop required! Here’s how: 1. Create or open a PowerPoint presentation 2. Choose Save As from PowerPoint’s File menu 3. From the Format pop-up menu in the resulting Save As dialog box, choose TIFF (Tagged Image File Format); then click Save. 4. Connect your iPod photo to your computer. 5. Launch iTunes 4.7 or later, choose Preferences from the iTunes menu, click the iPod tab, and then click the Photos tab in the iPod Preferences window. 6. Select Choose Folder from the Synchronize Photos From pop-up menu, and navigate to the folder full of images you exported from PowerPoint. 7. Click OK to load the images to your iPod. 8. Connect your iPod to a projector or television, configure its Slideshow Settings for a manual slideshow, and run your presentation from the iPod.

yea. all of the slides are exported as images, so when they are placed on your ipod in the proper slide order, you can show off the powerpoint slides (as images), but you lose all of the transitions and effects. this was intended to be the last-resort backup...after the removable drive and the internet (or if your computer/mac goes dead).

Thanks, I understand. Mostly for back up. If the slides are simple and have no fancy stuff then it would work okay.

Thanks again

Yeah, that's kinda what I mentioned. Just single slides, no transitions, except for the one's Apple has for iPod slideshow.