cherry su

Leopard Wishes

ok, i'll start...

a more stable Finder :D

and maybe a refreshed UI?

Finder is a must!

Bulit in support for ".exe" files (like thats going to happen)

a cooler looking "expose"

More minimizing efects

faster/better safari

Apps that dont require as much ram!

A whole lot more, Apple makes really nice things you would never dream of (ie: expose)

o and a new desktop background!

I would love right-clicking (I know, I'm a very recent switcher, but I miss it badly) More minimizing effects would be nice.

I'd like to see better integration with MS Exchange, for those of us who use Macs in a Windows-dominated corporate environment. The biggest thing for me would be to integrate iCal with MS Exchange's calendaring.

- Tim

I would love right-clicking (I know, I'm a very recent switcher, but I miss it badly) More minimizing effects would be nice.

they already have right clicking. just plug in any two button mouse then go to mouse settings in system preferences.

they already have right clicking. just plug in any two button mouse then go to mouse settings in system preferences.

Or, if you have a one-button mouse, you can hold Control while you click and it's the same as a right click.

And about Leopard:

-I'd love a new Finder, but i don't think it will arrive until Mac OS X "House Cat" in 2010 or something

-A better Preview App, maybe built in into the Finder or something

-The roumored "Home on iPod" where you can take all your Apps and prefs in your iPod

-Free .Mac. Specially iDisk [i know it's not going to happen, but I can dream...]

-The return of Sherlock [i know it's still there, but it's not really useful anymore]

-And a big surprise like only Apple can deliver

I have been wondering abou this for a long time. People always talk about a new finder. I grew up on OSX so I suppose I don't see how finder could be much different. What would a new one do differently or how would it look different?

Theres also a program called One Finger Snap that lets you hold down the button on a one button mouse to simulate a right click (like it does on the dock).

As to finder improvements, Id make it so theres an option at least to toggle sorting folders first, and using the search bar in the finder window to filter results in the current directory like when you search your library in iTunes as opposed to going to a spotlight window.

Id also make it so when you right click on the current directory name in the title bar it shows the path, as opposed to having to hold down cmd.

Also make it easier to move things to parent directories when in icon view by adding in cut+paste for items, or somewhere to drag it to move to the parent directory.

Also, Id say add the ability to decide on a per item basis as to which devices you want to be mounted on the desktop, so you could decide you dont want a certain network share mounted on the desktop all the time, but want other ones to be there.

And add the ability to edit the context menu for items. Theres alot of options for some things, and Id like to get rid of some of them I never use like create archive, the color labels, etc.

Allow right click and drag to open up a menu asking what you want to do with the file, like if you want to move, copy it or make an alias at the location you dragged it to.

As to general improvements,

* Give the ability to change the mouse acceleration

* Allow the corners of trackpads to be mapped to extra mouse buttons

* If you exit Front Row by hitting F9-12 to have it resume where you left it when you go back into Front Row

* Better adblocking in Safari like Firefox's

* Third mouse button click on a tab closes it in Safari

* Third mouse button click in Safari goes to auto-scroll like in Firefox/IE/most every other browsers

* Add in the abilities like Detour to route system sounds to another source than other sounds

* Better Energy Saver controls for laptops to be able to custom throttle CPU/Monitor brightness/etc based on battery life

* Add the ability to right click in menus off the menu bar, so you could delete, sort or the like for things like bookmarks in Safari/Firefox without having to go into a different area to organize them

Edited by ithonicfury

unlikely...but

-most macs come with bluetooth standard

-apple likes to push technologies

so why not include support for gyroscopic devices like the Wiimote or SIXAXIS as pointer devices...in other words let you wave your Wiimote or SIXAXIS in front of the screen and use it as your mouse?

this is most likely going to be an add-on, but interesting to see Apple do this...

you never know ;)

Or, if you have a one-button mouse, you can hold Control while you click and it's the same as a right click.

Or, if you're using a notebook (well, you can on my C2D MacBook Pro, but I guess its the same on any recent notebook) you can change the mouse preference to accept tapping with two fingers as a right click.

Anyway, what I want in Leopard:

Built in virtualisation (Parallels just doesn't cut it for me - only recognising an 8mb graphics card? Pfft)

Tabs in the finder

Direct x support so we might actually get some decent games for OS X - no more need for windows at all!

An easy way to stop the startup sound without having to remember to mute your computer each time.

How about:

-In the Tiger login window, have the background be whatever wallpaper you use currently, not the blue one that comes standard

-Tabbed Finder windows (come on, Apple, EVERYONE wants this!)

-More pretty visuals, an Expose 2 if you will. Imagine built-in Afloat and things like that, Beryl-type functionality too. You know you want to, Apple :)

more transitions/effects for Spaces and minimizing

should be easier to make with Core Animation =)