Sign in to follow this  
Legolover64

Customizing my Macbook

Hey guys,

I've had my Macbook for 4 months now, and it's starting to feel a tad bland and like-all-the-other Macbooks I see. It's a white one, cheapest model, and a Core Duo (as opposed to the newer Core 2 Duos). I'm going to be upping the RAM to 2GB soon, and getting the screen repaired, so I figured I might as well get it customized and make it really my computer. Here's what I need to do to get it where I want it:

-Customize UI and Computer feel - Done.

(thank you Shapeshifter and Candybar trials)

-Change Apple logo to black - Incomplete.

These would be the ones from iColour, it would look like this:

018.jpg

Anyone have experience with this? Can I pay CompUSA to do it so no warranty is voided? What about the Apple Store doing installation?

-Mod case - Incomplete

I want to go with kind of a cracked look, lines coming out from the Apple logo and going off the case on the back panel. I don't know if you guys have any experience with things like this, but I'd like you to share how you think I could mod this. If someone could rig up a cool design that fits these parameters, that'd be spectacular. I may even be able to take like a stencil to do it or something, who knows...

---

So that's what I want to do. Any ideas about how you think it'd look, or whether it's a good idea at all?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Don't fool around with that stuff. Here are a couple top notch customizations that will turn heads. http://www.colorwarepc.com/ http://www.etchamac.com

I don't have any experience with either company but you can be sure that you won't run into someone with a computer that looks the same.