Sign in to follow this  
work and turn

XBOX 360!!!!!!! and connect 360

Its been a little while since I last posted so I enter the forum again with no doubt an extremely controversial conversation.

This Christmas as a present from my whole family I am going to get an xbox 360, yes a microsoft based product. I've looked hard and long at the PS3 and I just cant justify the cost, there is a good selection of games for the 360 and ebay is flooded with second hand copies of quality titles. My friends in England have 360's and it means I can hook up and play against them using live. All in all it just makes sense,

That's all great but what's my question?

Questions are as follows, anyone own and use connect 360 to stream your media through your TV, possibly using a connect stereo or surroud sound. How you finding it? all in all it looks fairly impressive, at the moment it seems you can only play windows media player files (I know the PS3 can handle the DivX codec). Are there any other apps out there that people know of and use, good or bad is all information for the brain to use?

Also what's peoples opinions on it, I have long hated Windows and Microsoft but right now the 360 really does seem like the sensible option gaming wise. Us mac folk have always suffered in terms of gaming and this has meant I've always been a console owner, I want to hate Microsoft but gears of war looks amazing and live seems to function well?

I'm sure there's more of you out there, come on and join me. You may have that horrible dirty feeling like something is wrong, that part of you has been bad so lets share our guilt in the hope it may make us feel better.

I would say the 360 is a great product. The PS3 has technically better specs but who cares? I predict that while the PS3 will always have it's following it's going to take the back seat for this round of gaming hardware. As for a family gift why not the wii. Seems like a much more fun family gift as opposed to a gift for which would be the 360. Either way great choice. Sorry I can't be of any help setting up your 360.

I use connect 360 to stream music to my 360. I'm not bothering with video for the moment, I'm waiting for an update to bring in quicktime support, then it will be great.