• Other
    • Linux
    • Win 95, 98, Me, NT
    • Win 2000/XP
    • Mac OS
    • Mac OS X

Which platform do you use at home?

me: mac 10.4.2

I also have a Windows, with 4 OSes on it. Me, Win 2000 Pro, Win 2000 Adv. Server, and another Win 2000 Pro.

Mac OS is pre-OSX (1.0-9.2)

at home: 10.4.2

at work, I have to use XP because we use this piece of crap software called Solomon. i always think though, if I could use my iBook at work, I would like 5x more efficient and productive....

I would submit that this is not a scientifically valid poll as the sample audience may inadvertently skew the results...

I would submit that this is not a scientifically valid poll as the sample audience may inadvertently skew the results...

juuuuuust slightly.

I personally use Mac OS X 10.4.2 on my Power Mac.

My wife and I do have six other machines in the house, however. One server is running SuSE Linux 9.2. Two desktop machines are running Windows XP, our laptops are both running Windows XP.

My six year old son's computer is running Windows ME, but that is only because it is an HP that was acquired from someone else and the restore CDs are WinME.

I use OS X primarily, though there's a G3 iMac running 9.2 and a windoze box running XP in order to run Visio

All of the above?

Oh, forgot about that... :?

OS X all the way. However, I do have many different releases at home. I am running Tiger, Panther, Panther Server, and OS 9 on many of the machines I own.

Plus, (I don't know if this counts) I also use Window's 2000 Pro and Suse Linux in Virtual PC!

I have 2 Macs which I primarily use. I also have a PC with Windows XP and Linux which I normally use with VNC.

I use OS X Panter on my iBook at home but it's XP and all things microsoft at work due to the major app (Proclaim) which requires Windows.

However there is away round this problem, I can connect remote or in the office via Remote Desktop Connection and hey pesto I run on Terminal Server on my iBook.

So all I need to do is to convince the partnership that we can run the app on cools MAC's.

Anyone want a iMac G5?

Surely the answer would be :

Yes Please......