MitchA

JOIN THE MacCast Folding@home Team

i still fold from time to time. My iMac g5 1.6ghz is quite slow and takes quite some time to complete a unit.

I had to stop folding for a bit with all the travelling I was doing. My setup seems to "loose" work units if I try to fold offline. Since I am folding on a laptop travel puts a kink in things. I will restart near the end of the week once the current set of trips are done. When they update the mini's I hope to get one of those to use as a server/media center/full-time folding machine.

We've made it to 75 work units! Thank you so much for everyone who is folding, as soon as I can get a computer back folding I Will. We're close to 100!

I am having some problems. I installed the client, I see it taking up my CPU power, but I am not advancing in the ranks. Can someone point me to a guide. (I tried the FAQ on the folding site, but it wasn't helpful.)

I am on a MacBook using the intel mac version.

Are you using the installer? With a preference pane? Make sure you've got the team number and a unique user name in there. You can also go to ~/Library/Folding@home and look in FAHlog.txt to see what's going on. Any errors will show up there, and it will also show you how far along you are with yout work unit.

I am running this using both my 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo iMac and my 2.6 GHz Pentium 4 Linux box. I'm on Team Mac OS X right now. (ranked 7 of all teams!) It's kind of interesting that when you look at the platform stats, it shows the performance difference from PPC to Intel Macs. (And Macs overall are killing the Windows stats per CPU!)