MACo_Polo

MacHeist Bundle *AMAZING DEAL!*

Anyone who owns a Mac should seriously thing about buying this bundle.

http://macheist.com/

For $49 you get the following apps:

Picture9.png

25% of your $49 is donated to one of the following charities:

Picture11.png

This is an amazing deal and shouldn't be passed up. SPREAD THE WORD!

*NOTE* The Bundle went on Sale on December 11th and is available until December 17th. The earlier in the week that you buy it, supposedly the cheaper it will be. The price is supposed to rise over the week. If $50,000 gets donated through bundle sales (Roughly 4,018 bundles sold) every purchaser (whether you purchased before 50k or after) get a free license to NewsFire. If $100,000 gets donated through bundle sales (roughly 8,036 bundles) than everyone gets a free license to TextMate. Thats right TEXTMATE! FREE!

Edited by MACo_Polo

Anyone wana get the bundle together?

1 bundle - $49

2 - $78 20% off

3 - $98 33%off

Please pm me ASAP if interested. The Macheist guys mentioned the bundle price will go up.

you only get newsfire and textmate if $50k and $100k are donated to charity. At the current rate, it doesn't look like that is going to happen. The other apps look good though.

That bundle is really very appealing - FotoMagico alone is $30 more than the price of the bundle and Delicious Library is the same $49. What many people don't realize is that you can get the bundle as cheap as $39 depending on how many heists were completed (each one of the 5 heists gave you a $2 coupon). And how it's headed, NewsFire is a sure thing and if the trend maintains itself, we will get TextMate! Spread the word, people!

FYI,

I took the plunge and bought it. I love Disco: it is light weight and to the point. I have been shooting asteroids like crazy with Pangea game. I am working on creating my photo slideshow with Fotomagico. I am having a great time. Personally, I love Fotomagico, but not enough to spend the $79 on it.

I think I am going to purchase the bundle. The thing is, I already have TextMate. It is a wonderful application, I really like it but don't need two licenses. I already have NetNewsWire, I don't need another RSS reader. Is anyone else in this situation? Does anyone here have a need for these apps?

EDIT: Looks like it is possible to "gift" each app if you don't need it for yourself. Would anyone be willing to exchange "gifts"? I'll give you an app I don't need for a PayPal donation? :unsure: PM me if you are interested.

Edited by jmaziarz

I think I am going to purchase the bundle. The thing is, I already have TextMate. It is a wonderful application, I really like it but don't need two licenses. I already have NetNewsWire, I don't need another RSS reader. Is anyone else in this situation? Does anyone here have a need for these apps?

EDIT: Looks like it is possible to "gift" each app if you don't need it for yourself. Would anyone be willing to exchange "gifts"? I'll give you an app I don't need for a PayPal donation? :unsure: PM me if you are interested.

LOL, sounds like piracy to me.

Independent software developers don't get rich selling their products, it's more of a case of (hopefully) making a living, whilst avoiding having to work for someone else.

Pay the money for the MacHeist bundle, if you find some products you like, be prepared to pay for the upgrade when you move to Leopard. Park the ones you're not interested in and don't attempt to pass them on, that really screws up things. If someone wants to purchase a product like NewsFire it's better they pay the developer up front, the developer doesn't gain anything from an "exchange".

Edited by Ginamos

Just gift them to a friend or family member and you'll have a warm fuzzy feeling inside - it's the holidays, after all :)

Just gift them to a friend or family member and you'll have a warm fuzzy feeling inside - it's the holidays, after all :)

It's a holiday for the developer also, pay the money to them. ;)

If you really aren't going to use the license gifting it to someone else doesn't do any harm, but I'm not convinced exchanging it is really in the right spirit (irrespective of the holiday season).

Edited by Ginamos

LOL, sounds like piracy to me.

The developers are getting my money either way. They may also stand to gain another user with the license I don't need. All I am asking is for a few bucks in return. Everyone wins. Someone gets a license to a great piece of software, I get a few bucks back, the developer gets my money plus a new user. How is that piracy or unfair to the developer?

It doesn't really matter, I'm buying the bundle anyway.

Edited by jmaziarz

I think it's a pretty good deal. I just bought it, loving iClip, waiting excitedly for my Delicious Library key. I think the demo is pretty cool and now I've got a pile of DVDs waiting to be scanned in. I was going to buy it anyway, so I'm pretty chuffed I'm getting all the other software included for free.

I stand corrected, the heist ended up raising $200,000 for charity. A friend of mine and I bought licenses together and it really worked out well. Delicious Library and DeveonThink have been fun to play around with and the Shapeshifter app is really great for customizing my mac. I'm really glad to have the NewsFire and TextMate apps unlocked. That really sealed the deal as far as value is concerned for me.

It was a great heist for a great cause.

Pretty depressing if you ask me...

http://daringfireball.net/2006/12/macheist_lousy_tshirt

The only problem with Gruber's post is that his estimates of what the developers are getting are completely inaccurate. Phill Ryu has said that they are getting more than double Gruber's estimates.

It's weird, Gruber seems to hold a grudge against MacHeist and the people running it. It's the second negative article he's written and he's linked to negative MacHeist articles all week long.

So far, I have not heard any dispute against the fact that the MacHeist team paid flat fee to the developers. I thought the developers should get a percentage, not a flat fee. If someone has any more informed comment, I would like to hear it.

Hai