Sign in to follow this  
joshr

Belkin 802.11g Router

So I always recommend this product on the forums, as do other people, but I didn't own it. Till now. I set it up tonight and so far I have nothing but GREAT things to say about it. First off was the price. It's only $40. I ordered it from Best Buy just in case I needed to return it it would be easy to just take it back. Once I got it I opened it up and right away I was impressed because it came with a disk that worked with OSX and directions that mentioned it. I am against using software and I just wanted to access the router directly with an ip address but the directions don't tell you what the routers IP address is so I put the disk in. It turns out that the disk doesn't install anything it just walks you through the settings then transfers them to the router. It didn't work for me though. It doesn't have an option for a modem that has an ethernet cable and requires no password or username. So I had to call the free 24/7 tech support. All I wanted was the ip address but there was a little language barrier. As long as I just let him walk me through things he was great. The first thing we did was access the router via an IP address. From that point I could have hung up but I let him go just in case. He had me copy the mac address from my computer to the router via a clone button [huh? not sure why] and we rebooted the router and modem and we were golden. Then I added WPA wireless and changed the SSID back to what my old one was. So far everything is working great. My airport express connected once I had made everything the same as the old router and I have been working off of the wireless for an hour or so no problem. All in all it's a great buy in my opinion. The web setup is a million times better than my old netgear, has more configuration options, and the free tech support was great. So I am going to continue recommending it.

I have to agree. I own this router as well and the setup was very simple. I get great range and speed and all in all it works like a charm. Great job Belkin!!!

I also have a Belkin router which knocks the socks off the Netgear I also have (which I have had to hook up to a few hundred pounds worth of Express' just to get a signal to my bedroom!)

I have been suing this router for a while now and I can say it has been awesome. It hasn't dropped the signal yet and it completely solved the problem my wifes PC was having with resolving an ip address.