Sign in to follow this  
bytwo

How Vista Didn't Copy OSX?!?

The guys taking the mick right?

Vista is a complete copy i mean its ridiculous! Its aggrovating to think people are going to buy it!

Wow! That is aggravating. Vista, however, will probably have its first major security loophole discovered pretty soon, and that will make me feel better....

That is certainly a joke, but it is unnerving to think how many microsoft fanboys will use these arguments against OSX.

Geez we all know vista was a copy of mac. It doesn't matter where a certain feature appears in the UI, it's still the same functionality.

Funny, anoying though how similair vista is to mac....JUST BUY A MAC IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Funny, anoying though how similair vista is to mac....JUST BUY A MAC IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

or buy a PC in the first place, depending on your point of view.

or buy a PC in the first place, depending on your point of view.

Yeah, true. XP is not a bad OS but vista needs alot more work....But Microsoft are working hard to be fair!

It's funny, I knew that a lot of people said vista was similar to OSX but I didn't really get how similar till I saw this. Ridiculous.

David pogue is real funny, and this just illustrates how much Windows just COPY COPY COPY!!

We certainly are getting worked up. Windows has coppied the Mac ever since it stopped copying OS/2. They even used the fact that Windows 386 had the same look and feel as OS/2 as a selling point. Don't believe me? Check out this old Windows ad:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/software/the-mo...ever-234831.php

As for the trash recycle bin thing, I've gotta say that windows didn't really copy Apple on that one. Apple has a trash can, it was actually NextSTEP that had a recycle bin. So they're copying Steve's other OS. :P

Anyway, I see no reason to be concerned, Microsoft is only now releasing Vista, just think about how many more innovations will be added by Apple by the time they get around to releasing the next Windows. If they manage to catch up for a couple of months (a few more now that Leopard is delayed) every five years or so, I'm OK with that.

Dell is also going back to offering XP as an option, so even with it's OSX-like stuff people still don't like Vista. I'm a bit annoyed, but not concerned. Let Redmond fire up it's copy machine all they want, it won't matter.

-Tom

We certainly are getting worked up. Windows has coppied the Mac ever since it stopped copying OS/2. They even used the fact that Windows 386 had the same look and feel as OS/2 as a selling point. Don't believe me? Check out this old Windows ad:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/software/the-mo...ever-234831.php

As for the trash recycle bin thing, I've gotta say that windows didn't really copy Apple on that one. Apple has a trash can, it was actually NextSTEP that had a recycle bin. So they're copying Steve's other OS. :P

Anyway, I see no reason to be concerned, Microsoft is only now releasing Vista, just think about how many more innovations will be added by Apple by the time they get around to releasing the next Windows. If they manage to catch up for a couple of months (a few more now that Leopard is delayed) every five years or so, I'm OK with that.

Dell is also going back to offering XP as an option, so even with it's OSX-like stuff people still don't like Vista. I'm a bit annoyed, but not concerned. Let Redmond fire up it's copy machine all they want, it won't matter.

-Tom

Has Apple never copied Microsoft?

Apple need to remove the finger from the backside and start getting some new Software/Hardware released they look like a joke at the moment.

Has Apple never copied Microsoft?

Windows pushed back an OS because they couldn't get all the promised features out the door in the announced time first.

Seriously though, Windows had fast user switching before Mac did. Steve even admitted that during his keynote. He did his usual, "but we feel we did it better" thing, but admitted that they did it first.

There may be more examples, but this is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Apple need to remove the finger from the backside and start getting some new Software/Hardware released they look like a joke at the moment.

I agree, it's been a while since anytning new from Apple. We had the octo mac announcement, but that's really more like something new from Intel than Apple. We need to see the iPod that is the iPhone without a phone and maybe some more laptop options. It'd be nice to see some redesign on the desktop line. I mean the MacPro looks almost exactly like the G5 PowerMacs with a second optical drive, and the iMac hasn't changed at all. I'm not sure what they could do with the mini, but it'd be nice to see it get a makeover as well. I don't feel that it is necessary to mention Leopard, I'm just including this statement to let you know that I haven't forgotten about that one.

-Tom

They could make the mini smaller - like an apple tv or airport extreme style enclosure. Of course they'd need a super slim optical drive, but I'm sure they're about somewhere...

HAHAHA.. he is very clever there at the Times. I'm so glad I made the switch before having to deal with Vista... =D

Doesnt it get you when Bill gates talks aboout the "innovations" in vista which the mac has had for years

COPY COPY!!!!!!! Though what i don't understand is that Mac seem to patern everything they do but how did vista get away with so much?