Sign in to follow this  
Punk Mac Geek

Vista beta screen shots, does anybody really care?

That's another bad part about Microsoft...anything. It's never good to get a product as soon as it comes out, because they never fix all of the problems completely. They beta test their products on early buyers. Then, after Microsoft gets enough complaints from crashing systems, they come out with some service pack that eventually causes more problems. Welcome to Windows. :D

Didn't see that comming. I'm sure Apple does a better job of working the bugs out than Microsoft does. Probably because they dont have users banging down their doors wanting the product to release faster. Resulting in a OS like Windows ME.

yea if you ask me, it's just a new (better? maybe...) look for WinXP with maybe a few new flashy features that i would never actually use. I'll stick with XP, thank you.

and if i was microsoft, i'd stick with showing off the original Bliss wallpaper instead of that. it's not exactly beautiful.

but thanks for the screenshots.

Oh man do you think they copied Spotlight?! Look at the Start Menu!! There's a little search box at the bottom and if you search it gives you the results in the menu itself!!! Why does Microsoft even exist??!!!

You can say that again!

And another thing, take a look at the recycle bin icon. It's nothing like the Mac trash can! (yea, right)

One last thought: as far as I can tell, they completely copied the search drop-down button (the little magnifying glass) and flipped horizontally, and put it in the right side of the search box. take a look:

searchicons7an.png

(Thought it was worth re-stating.)

I'm most certainly not getting it.

(Image Quality: thrown together with Microsoft Paint) (Image hosted by Imageshack)

I was under the impression that Vista was a whole revamping of the operating system... a fresh start and a whole new look for M$... hence it taking so long.

But now I see the screen shots, though my first reaction is perhaps premature, it appears to be a glorified XP.

Sure they've got the transparency... what's new? Sure they've grouped things a bit differently in the control panel... sure. That took, what... 4 years to do?

Sorry i'm a bit cynical.

It's safe to say Vista is not a glorify XP. Unlike some car manufacturers

MS redesign the core and changed the security measure. Problem is, they have been taking out interesting features that was in the originally design. Currently their website didn't say a whole lot of the new features so we'll just have to wait again.