firebirdboi06

Retrieving a Stolen Nano

My sister recently lost a 2G iPod Nano at school (don't ask me how), but it was apparently stolen.

Someone at Apple told my Mom that the best she could do was file a police report, granted, she may have talked to the wrong person.

I've read articles about it, but can't figure out how to get the iPod back.

if it was stolen at school, chances are the person is talking about it. find some sweet hookups. get the 411 on all the gossip circles. find out who it is and tell his/her mother.

My sister recently lost a 2G iPod Nano at school (don't ask me how), but it was apparently stolen.

Someone at Apple told my Mom that the best she could do was file a police report, granted, she may have talked to the wrong person.

I've read articles about it, but can't figure out how to get the iPod back.

What are you asking? What did you think might be able to be done?

Personally, I think that Nano is lost for good.

However, you might want to try to contact Apple to ask if anyone has recently reregistered the Nano, as all devices have a unique ID number.

I'll tell you now, though, I'm completely certain that nothing will come of this. If Apple tries to help you at all, I'd be surprised. And, the thief would be an idiot to reregister the device online; of course, most thieves aren't too bright.

-Rob

yer i've heard itunes knows if your ipods been in someone elses computer and someone could write something to put on your ipod so that if say it's connected to someone elses computer it could secretly send an email with the ip address or something back to you to try and find out whos got your iPod

that would be sweet, my sisters new pink one got stolen out of our student council office, the first day she got it. wierd thing is that were both pretty popular and cant find out ANYTHING. so if people are going to steal an ipod at school, chances are theyll just listen to it at home.

sorry dude looks like its gone.

if someone stole it and they are older than middle school then chances are they wont talk about it and they have already sold it to someone for cheap.