Tom.landy

Whats to come at MacWorld 2007?

So here we are...13 days to go until Macworld 07. Whats expected?

Other than the iPhone and the Widescreen iPod what is to be expected or is rumored to be expected?

My ideas

I'm expecting some new monitors - with integrated iSight and possibly HDMI(via MacRumors)

New Airports - All the new Macs have 802.11N, so I'm definately expecting new Airports & Airport Expresses, The current Airport is unavailable in Europe as its got some banned substances in it, and I've also just bought a new express so they'll be replaced soon...

Finally I'm really hoping for the iTunes store will extend into europe so I can buy movies and TV shows(we can already buy music just if your wondering)

there my main wishes, followed only by Leopard released early...I love the current build and I am looking forward to it...

what do you really want, except for iPhone or Widescreen iPods...

yeah, if 802.11n cards officially come out by then i'd say that they'd put it in the macs and release an update that makes the ones in the iMacs macbooks with the 802.11n cards secretly in them work.

and I think that they have at least as an option for blu-ray or hddvd drives for the Mac Pros with the dual optical drives, and i'd like to see the clovertown quad xeons in the mac pros although they might not include it as the mac pro with the dual woodcrests just came out a few months ago (they did put intel in the iMacs 3 months after they put the camera in the imac g5)

1. An iPhone-- with a hard drive, as in an iPod with a phone, not a phone with iPod software on the side.

2. iLife 2007

3. Leopard

4. A larger iPod... with Firewire, maybe?

5. Wireless n is always good.

6. Faster computers through all lines (Macbook/Pro, iMacs, Mac Pro/Mini)

I doubt you'll ever see an ipod with firewire again. Firewire is pretty rare on PC's and since it was taken out in the first place to save space...

my predictions are that apple will start putting bluray drives in Mac Pros, the iPhone (non linksys) and that apple will release the true video iPod. wireless n is pretty much a given and the iTV might start taking preorders but it won't be officially released until maybe february or at the earliest very late January (vista time). Speaking of OS releases, we'll get another taste of leopard, but we won't see it released until maybe...mid april. That's what I think, but I'll be blogging the stevenote at E5, so if you want to refresh the blog every 5 minutes, click the link in my signature and you can see it.

What I hope for is a new widescreen, touchscreen iPod. I am still using my 3G iPod and would love a really good reason to upgrade.

I expect an iTV update, probably pre-order, possibly available.

Mac Pro Octo are very likely as the chips are 'out in the wild'.

iPhone is also quite likely, but maybe only for the US!

I had an opportunity to attend Macworld and the Keynote last year and it was amazing.

I've put my thoughts down in the form of an article and photo gallery. My thinking is that a 32GB flash-based iPod might be released, as well as a tablet. But now that I see the 3rd party tablet possibility, I'm not sure. My other predicitons and a number of images from the "50 yard line" can be found here: <http://imagingbuffet.com/?p=158>

All the best, the MacCast Rocks, and we'll know soon enough what's really coming.

Andrew Darlow

Editor

ImagingBuffet.com

http://www.imagingbuffet.com

all I know is I can't wait until tomorrow.

I went to macworld last year.

The only reason I didn't go this year is because i want to go to the WWDC this summer. :D