Sign in to follow this  
macman

is there an installer for ipod lunix?

I would like to put ipodlunix on my ipod mini 2nd gen but I don't understand the binery stuff and all the stuff you have to do in terminal, if there is an installer to put it on my ipod, that would be great.

Yes. if you go to the iPL forums and look around, or beg someone will hook you up like they did for me, but I'm not sure if the Mini works differently from the 4th gen.

Even so, it took me a helluva lot of effort to make it happen, and you don't have full functionality like 3rd gen.

I suggest waiting till official release. saves your time and effort.

Yeah, I don't want to risk it on my new iPod Color Screen, and I can't WAIT until they officially support it for my edition. I really want to give it a try...

ipod mini is not supported neither is 4th gen or photo but if you do screw something up the worst that will happen is that you will have to restore firmware

p.s. i have a 4th gen running using trial and error, i screwed up many times but all i had to do was restore firmware and try again. works great, especially the videos

ipod mini is not supported neither is 4th gen or photo but if you do screw something up the worst that will happen is that you will have to restore firmware  

p.s. i have a 4th gen running using trial and error, i screwed up many times but all i had to do was restore firmware and try again. works great, especially the videos

Mannymix03, you never had any serious problems? I've always wanted to try the linux on my iPod Photo, but I didn't want to take the risk. However, what you say makes sense, in that you would just have to run the iPod Software Updater, reinstall everything, load music, and the iPod is back to normal. If you've never had any serious problems, I'll take your word for it and give it a try...