Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Thought Out's 'Ped' Being Targeted

Thought Out, the company behind the Ped line of iPod stands, has been hit with a cease and desist notice from PEZ Candy Inc regarding the use of the Ped product name. The candy maker said PEZ lawyers sent the letter on Monday, stating that the Ped name could confuse consumers, and weakens PEZ’s brand strength.

“Thought Out’s position on this matter is currently neutral with no wishes to construe PEZ Candy Inc or any consumer of either product brand,” the company told iLounge (previously iPodLounge before being attacked by Apple.) “We simply created a well received product for the iPod consumer. The name Ped was derived from the word Ped-estal (with a definition posted on our website - and now the home page). Thought Out’s actions clearly are attempting to steal market share from PEZ Candy Inc.

PEZ Candy Inc plans on taking severe legal action against Thought Out if the product name is not changed. The name "Ped" is in fact only one letter different from the name "PEZ." PEZ Candy Inc explains that end-users may get confused and end up trying to eat a piece of Thought Out's hardware that is not only inedible, but incompatible with the current line of PEZ hardware, ranging from Bugs Bunny to Darth Vader candy holders. In a statement earlyier today the CEO of PEZ Candy Inc said, "People may try to put PEZ candy into a holder not designed for it, which may lead to problematic candy protrusion"

hahah.. that's funny.

No, it's not funny. They've already had to do a major change to work with Apple. And now they're going to have to do the same thing just so they don't have to shut down.

It's a joke

And if it isn't a joke... :shock:

it's a joke, but I'm not kidding about iPodLounge now being called iLounge. (i think just like Ped, iLounge doesn't sound as good as the original)

Very good one Danny. I was actually believing until I got half way through and it started to appear more like a joke. :)