TacoOrtega09

SkypeOut Unlimited - Scam?

I had the brilliant idea one day of canceling my home phone and switching to Skype's Unlimited calling plan within the US and Canada. It seemed too good to be true. I mean, come on, a full year of unlimited SkypeOut service for $29.95 a year when Vonage is something like, $29.95 a month. So, I emailed these people and asked if I was really reading it right, that you pay the fee once per year, without andy other taxes or fees including bandwidth fees.

Should i be upset that I haven't gotten a reply in 2 weeks?

Can anyone confirm that this is a legit plan?

thanks.

It is legit. Were you aware that for the second half of last year, we had SkypeOut for free? (and many of us used it a lot) Also, Skype made an offer in Nov/Dec. of paying for this year's service in advance (by December 31), and you could have got the plan for $14.95. Which I did.

Ok, that's good. I was planning on getting the Netgear phone with the skypein also. Thanks for your input. ;)

Ok, that's good. I was planning on getting the Netgear phone with the skypein also. Thanks for your input. ;)
As I recall the Netgear phone is sort of first gen and other companies have come out with better stuff since then. You might try the Belkin phone. As I recall it has longer battery life and some other advantages. Plus they have 100x better service than Netgear. http://www.belkin.com/skype

ooh ya. Netgear's service has a lot to be desired. I've heard that the Belkin has some audio quality issues though? It's a plus that it works with Boingo though.

I can't find it in any stores, but i've heard some good things about Linksys' CIT400 phone

ooh ya. Netgear's service has a lot to be desired. I've heard that the Belkin has some audio quality issues though? It's a plus that it works with Boingo though.

I can't find it in any stores, but i've heard some good things about Linksys' CIT400 phone

Maybe, but it's not the same kind of phone. The linksys phone is basically a house phone that can also connect to skype while the netgear/belkin phones are more like cell phones that operate on wifi [i.e. portable]. Linksys does have it's own competing product though http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c...FVisitorWrapper