Sign in to follow this  
KD

Transferring Music From iPod to Computer

Unfortunately I was using FileVault and made a boo boo that caused me to lose EVERYTHING. I have no recent backups of my library and I'm deperately searching for a good 3rd party app that can rip my music (including purchased) back to iTunes from my iPod. I found a site that lists a whole bunch of them but would like to know if anyone knows of good ones that actually work and won't mess things up further. If there is another thread topic like this I apologize but I couldn't find one. Any advice or user testimonials would be much appreciated!

I have not tried any of these, but I heard that senuti and ipoddisk are the tickets. You will need to verify if they work yourself.

Ok I will look into that... thanks very much. I also read an article on iLounge about PodUtil so I think I should be ok. One quick question though... if I re-authorize my account, will I still be able to play my purchased stuff? I do have about 75% of it backed up but I'd hate to lose any of it. I've sure learned my lesson!

... if I re-authorize my account, will I still be able to play my purchased stuff? I do have about 75% of it backed up but I'd hate to lose any of it. I've sure learned my lesson!

Apple let's you authorize up to 5 computers to play your music/TV shows/Videos on. So as long as you are under or at the 5 computer limit you should be fine.

If you are over, however, you can log into you iTunes account and de-authorize all of the computers that have been authorized for your account. However, I believe that you can only do this like once per year or something.

Apple let's you authorize up to 5 computers to play your music/TV shows/Videos on. So as long as you are under or at the 5 computer limit you should be fine.

If you are over, however, you can log into you iTunes account and de-authorize all of the computers that have been authorized for your account. However, I believe that you can only do this like once per year or something.

Excellent... thanks!

I use senuti, it is really great!

Very easy, nice interface, recognises music, TV and movies, and keeps all my playlists.

Just in case anyone was interested, I wound up using Senuti and it worked PERFECTLY. Thanks to all who replied!

I AM VICTORIOUS!

Me too? I think that KD was the winner on the day!

;)

I AM VICTORIOUS!

Indeed! Thank you so much... I can't believe how easy it was!

Me too? I think that KD was the winner on the day!

;)

Yes you too Bebe! I can't tell you how much I appreciated your input. The testimonials here were what led me to choose Senuti over a few other options I considered and it worked beautifully.

Unfortunately I was using FileVault and made a boo boo that caused me to lose EVERYTHING.

I'm glad everything worked out fine.

Can we conclude from this that FileVault is actual a bad piece of software and that novice users should be advised NOT to use FileVault?

Such software should always be open source, so there are no hidden backdoors built into it, which would make it useless. I wished there was something like TrueCrypt for Mac OS X (or even better: that TrueCrypt were ported to Mac OS X).

If you seriously have a few files you want hidden, although it would be weird to do your entire computer this way, make a read/write encrypted DMG manually using disk utility and put them on there.