jay

Nintendo Wii

Will Nintendo WII Wi-Fi work with Mac 10.3.9 or 10.4.8?

The WiFi works with the network... not your computer.

You need something like a router to broadcast your signal to the Wii.

What type of connection does your computer have and where is it getting it from?

CaptM

Edited by CaptainMench

The WiFi works with the network... not your computer.

You need something like a router to broadcast your signal to the Wii.

What type of connection does your computer have and where is it getting it from?

CaptM

Thanks. The wireless router is a AT&T Homeportal which gives me 802.11G. One Mac is ethernet wired. The other 2 macs are wireless described as Airport in Sys prefs.

The main reason I asked is Nintendo indicates you got to have Windows XP and IE, but don't indicate what it is used for.

Odd.

Not sure what they mean by that. I've got a g network off my Netgear and my Macs. No problems. Now -- there is a free Opera download that you can get for the wii -- but you download that thru the WiiStore on the wii itself.

Not sure what that XP/IE reference is about.

CaptM

Thanks. The wireless router is a AT&T Homeportal which gives me 802.11G. One Mac is ethernet wired. The other 2 macs are wireless described as Airport in Sys prefs.

The main reason I asked is Nintendo indicates you got to have Windows XP and IE, but don't indicate what it is used for.

If you buy Nintendo's USB WiFi adapter, you do need Windows. If you already have a wireless router though, you should be fine. My network has two Macs, one Linux machine, a Wii and a DS on it, no Windows in sight.

Jay P.

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose any functionality with the WII on a Mac only situation.

Jay M.

You know, you can use the WiiMote with your Mac as a gyroscopic mouse? Just get the application Darwiinremote to make it work.